Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He played well on Saturday after the first 15 where we were all over the place. He was certainly better than Colback but let's not pretend he's turned any kind of corner yet. Man U didn't put us under any kind of real pressure to get at our weaknesses. For that same reason Colo and Taylor had fairly comfortable games.

what kind of corner does he have to turn like?  he's a footballer who can play football, now that we're playing football he's starting to look a decent midfielder and will continue to do so as long as we play to his strengths and not his weaknesses as we'd done for the entirety of his time with us

but yeah of course, if we send him out to face a strong, physical midfield on his his own he'll get overran so it'd probably be a good idea for us not to do that :lol:

The corner from where he has generally been rubbish. I didn't see us playing anymore football than usual, we again relied on sitting back and hitting on the counter attack. He didn't get tested on Saturday through the inadequencies of Man U and the negativity of LVG. I'll look at future performances on their own merit. We have some interesting games coming up.

Didn't get tested by Mata, Depay, Schweinsteiger etc right  :lol: They were pretty rubbish but they were still better than half the teams we'll play ffs. I agree he needs to string these performances together but ffs he had a very good game and he should get praised for that.

Didn't get tested by Mata, Depay, Schweinsteiger etc right  :lol: They were pretty rubbish but they were still better than half the teams we'll play ffs. I agree he needs to string these performances together but ffs he had a very good game and he should get praised for that.

No idea what you're laughing at, he didn't get tested by any of those players, what match were you watching, as you say Man U were poor. He had a good game, I've not seen anyone say otherwise. Fwiw I thought Schweinsteiger was particularly poor, Carrick was far more influential when he came on.

I don't disagree too much I guess they weren't as good as they should have been and yet a lot was because Rooney was terrible at helping out and making their service into anything. I think Anita has showed how good he can be and now it's about doing that week in week out.

I don't disagree too much I guess they weren't as good as they should have been and yet a lot was because Rooney was terrible at helping out and making their service into anything. I think Anita has showed how good he can be and now it's about doing that week in week out.

Last sentence nails it.

He's done that a couple of times before, which many seemingly simply forgot as he would always be dropped for no reason soon after.

Yep players who Pardew didn't rate weren't allowed to get into rhythms and people who do nothing and yet are paid to play football got straight back in squad

Not sure he's so much improved as just been given the chance to play his game.

Yep. Playing in the role he's meant to and, just as crucially, been given a run of games to show what he can do.

Was always clear he wasn't one of Pardew's favourites and would be out of the team as soon as Pardew could get Tiote/Colback/Jonas back in there.

Think he's gonna be one of the mainstays of the team moving forward, at least I hope so.

Unfortunately I feel that McClaren hooking him before Colback has shown that he will be the one to miss out should Wijnaldum move deeper.

Might be a case of Anita being on a yellow card with Marriner dishing out yellow cards for breathing.

He was harassing and keeping play moving. Interceptions and hell even headers!

Those were his niggling tackles, which ultimately led to his yellow which although for me was eventually justified was totally necessary in the job he was doing today.

Totally cliché but for me he's a totally different player under SMC to anything i've seen from him since he joined us.  We've got to be excited to see what he can do alongside De Jong and Gigi when the dust settles.

I can't wait for him to be dropped again and the usual suspects suffering from amnesia coming in to say he isn't suited to the Premier League and has never played a good game for us, ever. Hopefully those days are behind us now Pardew has gone, but I can't say it would surprise me in the slightest.

A very good performance once again Vurnon, keep it up :indi:

Guest Howaythetoon

He is just such a nothing player. Not s***, not great, not good, not even average, or p*ss poor, he is just meh. I think in general he offers nowt special to justify his inclusion.

Guest neesy111

He is just such a nothing player. Not s***, not great, not good, not even average, or p*ss poor, he is just meh. I think in general he offers nowt special to justify his inclusion.

Load of crap.