Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Thought he was totally anonymous once more and the game just seemed to pass him by and of the 3 newspapers I have read today his merit marks were 3/10, 3/10, 4/10 so the reporters seemed to be in agreement with that.

I thought he was garbage yesterday. Normally like him

Guest reefatoon

May seem odd, if you're smarting from the score line/only seen highlights, but I thought Anita was excellent in the first half yesterday, and continued working/kept his head-up in the second. I was near the back of the away section (way up high) which gave a great view of the shape and who was doing what off the ball. Really impressed by how much work he did closing down and supporting defence: left and right. Really covered the distance and put in some crunching tackles. Credit where it is due; well played the lad.

Seems very odd as he was utter gash.

Him and Gouffran are close to the 2 weakest players we have and someone there in a midfield 2 together. Even more bizarrely it worked for 45 minutes [emoji38]

it's not that bizarre, we've had players who clock out after 45 minutes since Pardew was here. Collectively they just don't care enough and that's down to the recruitment policy mostly, but the manager has to take some responsibility eventually. It's what he's paid for.

May seem odd, if you're smarting from the score line/only seen highlights, but I thought Anita was excellent in the first half yesterday, and continued working/kept his head-up in the second. I was near the back of the away section (way up high) which gave a great view of the shape and who was doing what off the ball. Really impressed by how much work he did closing down and supporting defence: left and right. Really covered the distance and put in some crunching tackles. Credit where it is due; well played the lad.

He was fine first half, man. It's tough doing the job of two people as Gouffran happens to be miles worse than even his regular ginger partner in crime. I don't recall The Gouff even touching the ball the entire fucking game.

Guest reefatoon

He was fine first half, man. It's tough doing the job of two people as Gouffran happens to be miles worse than even his regular ginger partner in crime. I don't recall The Gouff even touching the ball the entire f***ing game.

Christ, here we go again, this old chestnut comes out every time. always someone else's fault.

He was fine first half, man. It's tough doing the job of two people as Gouffran happens to be miles worse than even his regular ginger partner in crime. I don't recall The Gouff even touching the ball the entire f***ing game.

Christ, here we go again, this old chestnut comes out every time. always someone else's fault.

Hold onto your own chestnuts, Caitlyn. Just saying Anita had a decent first half where he was shoring up Gouffran's invisibility. He was just as gash as everyone else in the second half.

Guest reefatoon

Yep he did. He just seems to bring the Pardew out in people. All we are waiting for now is the Notting Hill Carnival and Science to be blamed for the full house.

Yep he did. He just seems to bring the Pardew out in people. All we are waiting for now is the Notting Hill Carnival and Science to be blamed for the full house.

:lol: He's definitely one that splits the old opinion right down the middle. Refreshing from the usual "he's fucking shite" reaction most of our players elicit.

They said the same thing about Colo for a long time. B.b..but other people. It took Colo to say he wanted to go back to San Lorenzo for most to wake up and small the shit.

• 1 month later...

Just don't think there's a single thing he does well. About half a dozen errors in the first fifteen minutes. We need two CM's in the next transfer window.

nothing highlighted this point more than today, even if we have to fucking loan 2 athletic CM's then we need to do it

I like him but he was crap today. He's never going to look good when have 30% possession.

Hold on, he's the central midfielder; shouldn't he be contributing to us having more than 30% possession? Seems fairly likeable, but he's had more than enough time for us to determine that on the whole, he's a very average player.

I like him but he was crap today. He's never going to look good when have 30% possession.

Hold on, he's the central midfielder; shouldn't he be contributing to us having more than 30% possession? Seems fairly likeable, but he's had more than enough time for us to determine that on the whole, he's a very average player.

:lol: Yeah the possession excuse might wash for Mitro or Perez but if we're struggling for possession the finger should be pointed at our midfield and in particular the two in the middle.

:lol: Yeah the possession excuse might wash for Mitro or Perez but if we're struggling for possession the finger should be pointed at our midfield and in particular the two in the middle.

Absolutely :thup: