Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest reefatoon

Another three weeks you say?

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Anchorman.gif

Hurry up and join him ginger bollocks.

Are you suggesting Anita has stopped us getting thumped every week by even bigger margins? Find it all completely baffling about some people's views on Anita, like he is some midfield supremo. It's Pardew's fault, it's Carvers fault, it's McClaren fault, it's Colback's fault, it's Tiote's fault. The list is endless. Like I said earlier, the most horrific midfield performance was against Leicester, when he had to try and do that holding job all by himself when we had no one else to hold his hand in there. No one to blame his performance on then either. But, he played for Ajax and is tidy eh. Anyway, bored of talking about the little non entity now. I am just hoping the midfield is mixed up a little now or even better, we bring in someone competent and capable, but that will be wishful thinking.

Pretty simple what I'm suggesting like.  That as bad as we've been having a even worse player in his place (like Tiote is 90% of the time) would make us even worse (of course Colback is the worst of the lot but apparently he has to be one of the two starters :().  Rest of your post has nowt to do with me as at no point have I ever claimed he's a really good midfielder let alone "supremo".  He's just less shit than the rest.

I don't think Tiote is a worse player 90% of the time. Even on his off days he still covers a lot more ground quicker than Anita just because he has a longer stride. That allows Colback to play a bit further forward thus making him slightly less pointless. I don't think Anita's a bad player per se either, just not suited to the premier in our current formation.

• 2 months later...

I didn't think Anita, Shelvey or Wijnaldum were particularly good in the middle tbh. Shelvey wanted the ball marginally more than Anita I guess but he played a mixture of very safe passes and long punts that either went straight out or proved impossible to control. And his lack of athleticism caught us out a few times. Wijnaldum continues to be a shadow of the player we saw earlier in the season.

Last night was a perfect summing up of his time here. A totally anonymous performance where you wondered if he was actually on the pitch and on the odd time he did get on the ball he just played a simple 5 yard pass sideways or backwards. Looks like Benitez took less than an hour to see through this complete waste of a shirt so hopefully that's the last we'll see of him.

Didn't play very well but he did have Kante right in his face all the time and that little bugger has unsettled far better players than Anita this season.

Maybe we should request that opposition players don't tackle him or get in his face and then he might play better?

s****. hopefully him and colback are nowhere near the eleven again this season.

saivet must be f***ing awful if he cant get in ahead of this lad.

In fairness Rafa obviously had a gameplan and he probably has seen more of Anita than he has Saivet. Wouldn't say it's set in stone yet that Anita is definitely preferred to him.

It's weird because he was getting slated on the match thread with people saying Rafa has found him out already but I thought he did ok. He was one of the few that seemed to close down quickly in the first half and were it not for him throwing himself at that freekick the scoreline could have been a lot worse. I thought he was subbed for tactical reasons rather than him being "found out" but I could be wrong. Unless Tiote is back I wouldn't be surprised to see him start v Sunderland.

I think we should f*** them all off and go 442 tbh.

Thought we looked a lot better with Shelvey and Wijnaldum in the middle, Sissoko and Townsend on the wing and Mitrovic-Perez upfront.

Although I'm undecided if Shelvey has the discipline and if it was just one of those in game adjustments that won't apply every week. But it is probably worth giving it a go IMO.

Guest neesy111

Didn't play very well but he did have Kante right in his face all the time and that little bugger has unsettled far better players than Anita this season.

Maybe we should request that opposition players don't tackle him or get in his face and then he might play better?

It's clear you have an agenda against him.