Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He will never become a permanently fixture in midfield for us unless we fundamentally progress the way we play. He is a tidy little midfielder who passes short and quick and in triangles. A lot of ajax fans said he would be wasted and ruined with our style of play, let's hope we can prove them wrong. (not a reaction to today, just general comments)

It's possible he doesn't want to play RB (hinted at just before he signed) and Perch was picked because of this.

Still doesn't explain why Bigi was preferred to him today. We should be trying to get some value for money when we actually spend it.

It's possible he doesn't want to play RB (hinted at just before he signed) and Perch was picked because of this.

Still doesn't explain why Bigi was preferred to him today. We should be trying to get some value for money when we actually spend it.

Anita said he would play anywhere to help the team.

Anita said he would play anywhere to help the team.

He said that publicly. Not sure how much of a coincidence it is that he gets put to RB during the game and not before it, especially as we know it works better after the change.

He said that publicly. Not sure how much of a coincidence it is that he gets put to RB during the game and not before it, especially as we know it works better after the change.

I doubt it has anything to do with the player, we changed it during the game against Norwich then had Perch back on the right later in the game.  Unless Pardew does that in the hope that Anita forgets about it.

Not sure if this is a piss take?

How much we spend on a player should never be a reason to start them. Definitely haven't been unimpressed with Anita but I probably have been more impressed with Bigi.

I'd like to see Anita in the Jonas role of last season, I thought that is why we bought him initially.

Anita said in contract talks he would only come here if he was happy with where he would be playing, and he wanted to play DM. Sounds like the original plan this season was 4-3-3, and for whatever reason Pardew changed his mind.

Not sure if this is a p*ss take?

How much we spend on a player should never be a reason to start them. Definitely haven't been unimpressed with Anita but I probably have been more impressed with Bigi.

He's the one player we actually paid a large fee for so surely we should be playing him as we've shown so much faith in him? Bigi played well today but Anita should be playing in the league. Getting him up to speed is more important at this time.

Nothing so far to suggest this lad was worth £6m.

I'd like to see him in a formation which was set up to play passing football before writing him off tbh. Difficult to tell at the moment as our midfield is usually set out to defend mostly.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Hasn't he played like a combined total of about 100 minutes thus far? :lol:

Also seem to remember people complaining that he wasn't being played a week ago.

He'll be fine once we actually start playing football and have him in his proper position.