Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Some of the responses in here are ludicrous. Today was the first time he played in the position where he enjoyed the majority of his success at Ajax.  His skill set will not be highlighted when he comes on for the last 30 minutes at 2-0 down, but when he's played from the start in a team that has a focus on ball retention with his role being to dictate the tempo as a sitter in a 1-2.

As I said at the time when we got him, he was not what we needed at all..

Ashley seriously needs to reconsider his transfer policy. It's all well and good trying to make every deal the best value for money you can get, but there were weak areas in the team that needed to be strengthened way more than central midfield. He's gambled before with a very small and limited squad in certain areas, but it appears to be catching up with him this time. A team hoping to challenge the top 4 should not have to rely on a player like Mike Williamson unless in an absolute emergency; instead he's been on the pitch nearly every minute of this campaign so far.. :(

I'd have rather kept Danny Guthrie tbh.

I'll give this lad a chance but I've seen nothing in his game so far than "make easy 5 yards pass".

You say that as if we had a choice.

This is the Danny Guthrie that's been dropped from a side who hasn't won a single match?

Still think he should start at RB - that's pretty much the only position where he's looked comfortable so far this season. Playing him there will aid his bedding in process and once he gets settled with the PL, then we can think about playing him in CM.

To clarify. I'm not writing anybody off, that is such an easy cop out. The fact is we shelled out the majority of our summer spending on a player in a position where we were already very well stocked, at the expense of other, more urgent positions, where a first team player could have made us a stronger team. I remain hopeful that Anita will come good, but we should have never gone for him if it meant we couldn't go for other players we were after..

I'll give this lad a chance but I've seen nothing in his game so far than "make easy 5 yards pass".

This is the Danny Guthrie that's been dropped from a side who hasn't won a single match?

Because their manager wants them to play a long ball game. Not his fault he's not that type of player.

Because their manager wants them to play a long ball game. Not his fault he's not that type of player.

Thought you were on about Pardew for a second there. ;)

Guest BooBoo

Guthrie had an up and down NUFC career but one thing he did have was a bit of attacking nous from central midfield. Most of our central midfielders are defensive minded or just roundheads like Gosling.

Thought you were on about Pardew for a second there. ;)

Hahaha could be!

I see Anita as a Modric style player, will keep midfield ticking over with short passes but won't get many assists/goals and won't get much credit for his role in the team despite keeping team flowing.

Guest BooBoo

I see Anita as a Modric style player, will keep midfield ticking over with short passes but won't get many assists/goals and won't get much credit for his role in the team despite keeping team flowing.

Sorry but :memelol:

I see Anita as a Average style player, will be ran over with his short body but won't get many assists/goals and won't get much credit for his role in the team despite playing shit.

Some stupid comments here. Writing off a young a player who has played very little for us and when he has played the rest around him have not hit their stride either.

Get a fucking grip people.