Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I got nothing against Perch. But I have started to pay a little bit more attention at him to try and solve why he starts and I must say that I still can´t answer that question. He´s nothing specially with the ball, in fact he loses it in dangerous situations, and even in the defensive work (the reason he is playing I think) he tend to go missing, take dangerous free kicks etc. I just can´t understand why he has become the most important player for Pardew. Anita should definitely play that role. And against Soto there are just no excuses to play Perch.

• 2 weeks later...

my word this had slipped to page 3 of the forum!!  feel for this lad personally, imo any other manager than pardew and he'd be on the teamsheet at the moment as tiote is an accident waiting to happen

poor fucker slogs through the horror story that was the first half of our season, we start playing football suited to him and he's binned :(

He's been out the side for 3 games man, 2 of which we won so stuck with unchanged sides and everyone said he looked knackered when he came on against Villa. Sounded like Llambias rates him very highly for one, going by his interview last week

didn't mean as his only role, just meant that'd be part of his role in the squad...santon now has cover with the new lad and personally if debuchy is out i'd like to see anita there instead of taylor or someone

of course his primary position should be CM, probably starting CM imo

Really feel sorry for him! He was our star player in a quite a few games when we were complete rubbish, our only shining light... Come back Cabaye, Tiote and even Perch and he's out the team.

Tiote is obviously the direct swap for Perch and I for one think that now that he doesn't need to be "attacking" he can concentrate on what he does best; breaking up play.

I would certainly have had Anita on instead of Jonas based on his form prior to the newbies, but he has picked up again now and is playing better...

He should play tonight at some point, think it will be to replace sissoko or cabaye at around 60 or 70 if we are winning... :cool:

Coming deep to pick up the ball, moving around and making us tick with his passing. Him and Marveaux saw us play with completely different dynamics for a while, and you could see how Anita was coming into his own. He's a brilliant link between defence and midfield and has pace and energy about his game that we need alongside Cabaye.

The problem is, as we've learnt, that Pardew likes a tackle on the pitch. In certain games I'd have Tioté over him, but we could make really good use of Anita more often in the coming games looking at our fixtures.

Coming deep to pick up the ball, moving around and making us tick with his passing. Him and Marveaux saw us play with completely different dynamics for a while, and you could see how Anita was coming into his own. He's a brilliant link between defence and midfield and has pace and energy about his game that we need alongside Cabaye.

The problem is, as we've learnt, that Pardew likes a tackle on the pitch. In certain games I'd have Tioté over him, but we could make really good use of Anita more often in the coming games looking at our fixtures.

agree, always thought he'd be ideal for cabaye as it'd help cabaye push further up the pitch where he's a bigger influence imo

i mean thinking about it, as has been said, the fact that jonas has been starting ahead of him on form is a load of shite really but pardew got 2 results out of 3 so hard to complain too much