Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I really want him to start against Southampton instead of Tiote, his vision and passing is superior to Tiote's.

Releases the ball much quicker which gives us an advantage and better space and time for the player that receives the ball from him.

I think by playing him Cabaye would naturally not end up too deep. Want Cabaye where he was against Chelsea, dictating the play and tempo with Sissoko dragging the opposition out of position with HBA and Gouffran as well.

Tiote's one or two extra seconds holding on to the ball makes a very big difference to our fluidity.

I really want him to start against Southampton instead of Tiote, his vision and passing is superior to Tiote's.

Releases the ball much quicker which gives us an advantage and better space and time for the player that receives the ball from him.

I think by playing him Cabaye would naturally not end up too deep. Want Cabaye where he was against Chelsea, dictating the play and tempo with Sissoko dragging the opposition out of position with HBA and Gouffran as well.

Tiote's one or two extra seconds holding on to the ball makes a very big difference to our fluidity.

Dito. Much rather play him than Tioté. Imagine our passing and move with him, Cabaye, Moussa, Hatem and Gouffran in midfield. Not even fair.

Personally i think the Cabaye/Tiote partnership has been a bit overrated.

Disagree - I think they both look happiest playing their football together (not that their happiness is the be all, end all :razz: but you know what I mean, I hope).

As a midfield two in a 4-4-2 that we've played most times apart from a shorter run last season they've been good and solid, but not much more imo.

And in the new setup now considering Tiote's form and dwelling on the ball i don't think it's odd to prefer Anita instead, especially at home and against the 'lesser' teams.

Nolan/Tiote was a good partnership but it was set up that was much different, a one more suitable to Pardews style too.

Anita is the most rounded midfielder we have, sadly this means his versatility is his strength.

Suprised Pardew isn't shoehorning him in all over actually... I probably would TBH.

Much better option than Jonas, in all ways.

As a midfield two in a 4-4-2 that we've played most times apart from a shorter run last season they've been good and solid, but not much more imo.

How many points are we off relegation? Go for the tried and tested in midfield.

Google it.

I love Anita to step up because Tiote isn't the long term answer.

Not much about the debate is long term mind, long term Tiote might get back to his best.

We still don't know what his best is. There's a lot suggesting that his brilliant first season was the result of us being a newly promoted side and up against it every week with an extremely attack-minded player next to him. And with Alan Smith as his deputy.