Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest firetotheworks

Cabaye's still a little too deep for me, we need him a little higher so he can link up with Cisse a bit more.

I would have agreed, but I think that role works for him perfectly now that we have Sissoko. He's playing as much more of an all-rounder now imo, instead of being totally hampered by his defensive responsibilities.

Cabaye's still a little too deep for me, we need him a little higher so he can link up with Cisse a bit more.

I would have agreed, but I think that role works for him perfectly now that we have Sissoko. He's playing as much more of an all-rounder now imo, instead of being totally hampered by his defensive responsibilities.

Agreed. I've just looked at the players' average position heat map thing, and he wasn't as deep as I first thought. I do think Cisse misses his passing ability around the box though, but hopefully HBA will fill that void when he eventually returns.

Cabaye's position is perfect for him IMO now with Sissoko in front of him linking between him and Cisse.... now he won't get as many assists but he will more than likely assist the assist so to speak for most of our goals.

I do agree with KI though that unless Tiote can adapt then we should look at upgrading long term, hopefully that upgrade can be Anita but if not Mike pls.

Cisse will get a lot more chances with Cabaye feeding the attacking trio of Gouffran, Sissoko and Ben Arfa who in turn will feed Cisse.

Guest firetotheworks

It's worth noting that Cabaye is getting a lot more chances to shoot now as well, which is always a good thing.

I don't think Tiote put a foot wrong today personally, he got booked and everyone instantly assumes he's a wreckless nutcase and starts shouting at him :lol:

Having said that I think Anita could have done Tiote's job against Swansea's midfield and obviously is a far better option when we're on the ball.

I thought he was crap in the first half and a bit better in the second, meaning that he was finding team mates with the the ball. On this seasons evidence I'd have Anita starting games ahead of him at the minute.

I don't think Tiote put a foot wrong today personally, he got booked and everyone instantly assumes he's a wreckless nutcase and starts shouting at him :lol:

Having said that I think Anita could have done Tiote's job against Swansea's midfield and obviously is a far better option when we're on the ball.

I thought he was crap in the first half and a bit better in the second, meaning that he was finding team mates with the the ball.

in the first half, 19 of his 23 passes where successful.

I'd rather play Anita than Tiote every game not because Tiote hasn't been playing well this season but because Anita's a far superior footballer and has a much better technical game. He's been schooled better and despite not having Tiote's physicality he's ten times better on the ball and picking a pass.

I thought he was crap in the first half and a bit better in the second, meaning that he was finding team mates with the the ball.

in the first half, 19 of his 23 passes where successful.

Ok, I saw him try to control the ball, under little pressure, quite a few times and fail. He also gave away a few daft free kicks. I thought he was shite.

I think when on a dodgy pitch we'll need our best passers/ball controllers on the field, so I'm really hoping Anita plays the next game. I'd have Tiote on the bench for Vurnon to begin with.

I think when on a dodgy pitch we'll need our best passers/ball controllers on the field, so I'm really hoping Anita plays the next game. I'd have Tiote on the bench for Vurnon to begin with.

Away from home it's Tiote all day.

According to Pards it's a very technical team. Whatever that means.

Away from home it's Tiote all day.

According to Pards it's a very technical team. Whatever that means.

Our best long ball artists and Shola up front.

• 2 weeks later...

Very poor today, think he lacks confidence to impose himself, not doing what we need him to do, pressure high up, circulate the ball. I've seen him be good for us enough that I do think there's a player there, just didn't do much, and tbh Bigi may have been better option

He isn't worth the money we paid for him tbf.

Too early for that but he was the biggest disappointment today.

Not that surprising though really. He took time to settle in, got into a rhythm, was one of our best players and now having basically had a couple of months off he looks rusty again.

Guest Dontooner

Suffering from a lack of instructions, he might be good in a tactical team but without instructions he looks half the player he is.

This might be harsh but there is not a spot for him in the  starting 11 currently. He doesnt fit the Destroyer role , does not distribute the ball well enough and not able to dribble out of dangerous zones effectively. He needs to further change his game to find a role for us, based on his attributes he might be a bad buy for us if we intended for him to play in the middle.