Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Pardew should have ranted on how Valencia tried to end Anita's career. That seems to be how things are done.

He should have at least flagged it up, was a farce how Valencia didn't get his marching orders, already being on a yellow and all that.

Was the worst decision of the match for me, if I was Pardew I would have been absolutely raging.

Awful cowardly tackle Col, but we can't have managers raging at officials mate. The FA wouldn't like it for a start.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Watching him hit long balls today. We've finally took the good footballer out of him.

Glad someone else noticed :lol:

I'm nearly certain that Anita has been instructed to stop playing so many short passes, he hit it long to Cisse numerous times today and we all know that's not his nature

Watching him hit long balls today. We've finally took the good footballer out of him.

Felt this against Brighton. Seems like we've coached his excellent football education right out of him.

I reckon when we get new signings we get them to play 1-2s down the pitch while simultaneously Willo hoofs the ball down field.

Like that scene from Goal when he has to run to the net.

"Look, hoofing = quicker"

He really struggled today, mainly because he was trying to win headers in the middle of the park against players who are much taller than him. The average height of our team must be one of the lowest in the league. That being the case, we have to play the ball on the ground as we are unlikely to win the ball in the air.

:lol: so true. What takes Ajax ten years we bollocks up in 5 months.

Somebody should create a GIF animation, of Pardzilla lurching towards and trampling all over the Ajax Academy complex and with it their coaching philosophies & methods. 

c***s like this have no respect for the hardyards

ut in at the development level.

Anita hitting longballs (and generally being recalibrated in a football sense - all that groumdwork in a pass&move teaching emvironment, at Ajax basically binned).  It's sad isn' t it. Of the disappointing aspects of our play this recent development rivals the sight of Cabaye lofting it forward (and holding a defensive position) - and an isolated Cisse trying to convert scraps into gourmet quality strikes too

He really struggled today, mainly because he was trying to win headers in the middle of the park against players who are much taller than him. The average height of our team must be one of the lowest in the league. That being the case, we have to play the ball on the ground as we are unlikely to win the ball in the air.

The problem is we're buying footballers then making them play rugby.