Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest bimpy474

He's not a DM in my eyes. Need him higher up the pitch to make some runs behind the defense.

Deep lying playmaker I believe it.is defined as now. Or the Pirlo role.

His passing is a bit erratic, mind you with little movement in front of him it's understandable.

This isn't really a criticism of Anita but I'm not sure what his role in the team is supposed to be. He seems to be a link between the defence and the midfield. He comes back and collects the ball from the defence. He then tries to pass it to another midfielder or back to the defence. He isn't exactly a hard tackler so he's not really a defensive midfielder. I think he'd be better used on the right wing (in place of Jonas (or Shola!)). He has pace and can cross the ball. His lack of height wouldn't be a problem on the wing like it is in the centre of midfield. If he was playing right wing he'd also know to do his defensive duties when required due to his experience of having played as a right back.

This isn't really a criticism of Anita but I'm not sure what his role in the team is supposed to be. He seems to be a link between the defence and the midfield. He comes back and collects the ball from the defence. He then tries to pass it to another midfielder or back to the defence. He isn't exactly a hard tackler so he's not really a defensive midfielder. I think he'd be better used on the right wing (in place of Jonas (or Shola!)). He has pace and can cross the ball. His lack of height wouldn't be a problem on the wing like it is in the centre of midfield. If he was playing right wing he'd also know to do his defensive duties when required due to his experience of having played as a right back.

think his ideal role is part of a 3 with Cabaye and Tiote linking between them Cabaye further forward and Tiote screening the back 4

Think he would be a good DM if we had some steel to go with the midfield. A Sissoko type. We are loosing alot of aerial battles in the middle of we are going Anita - Cabaye - Marveaux. Marveaux got good dribbling ability aswell as composure with the ball. Really think we could've played more of a probing style.

Think he would be a good DM if we had some steel to go with the midfield. A Sissoko type. We are loosing alot of aerial battles in the middle of we are going Anita - Cabaye - Marveaux. Marveaux got good dribbling ability aswell as composure with the ball. Really think we could've played more of a probing style.

Why do we need a physical player? a lot of the teams in this league don't i don't understand why its paramount to have one.

This isn't the league it was 10 years or even 5 years ago it isn't paramount to have a physical player to break things up.

Don't get me wrong it would be great to have someone like Sissoko because outside of physique he's also a footballer but i don't see it as paramount to have one.

Even if you look outside the top 6, Swansea and Liverpool seem to be doing just fine without a destroyer.

Tbh I do like a physical beast of a midfielder, wanted us to get Diame in the summer and someone like Fellani can take the piss in the centre of the pitch.

Would love someone like that in our side.

Tbh I do like a physical beast of a midfielder, wanted us to get Diame in the summer and someone like Fellani can take the piss in the centre of the pitch.

I forgot how much you rated Amady Faye. ;)

Tbh I do like a physical beast of a midfielder, wanted us to get Diame in the summer and someone like Fellani can take the p*ss in the centre of the pitch.

Aye same but i don't see it as paramount importance that you cannot deal without like some seem to.

I forgot how much you rated Amady Faye. ;)

Woefully mismanaged that lad, would have been our Viera under a better manager.

Difference is pretty much height. Manu got Carrick, Swansea got Michu and Ki wich both are higher and poser a better threat then our midfield trio. They are all midgets, thats what worry me, players like Fellaini would have a field day against us. And don't even get started on set pieces.

Ah right thats fair enough.

There will always be a physical battle, but i think that the signing of Sissoko will get us to see the very very best of Anita and his strengths as a player. Sissoko is not a deep sitting DM so Anita will get to do what he's best at, distribute the ball from deep, simple but very effective.

Sometimes when Tiotë has been playing we end up with two players going deep to receive the ball from our defense leaving us in a way too deep starting position to start our attacks from. When you have two of your CM's in the same line sitting very deep it makes it easy for the opposition to press and limit our time and space on the ball, as well as us losing an outlet/option to pass forward to which makes it difficult for us.

Not only that, as a result of this our wingers/wide forwards are forced to go too deep as well.

Cabaye/Marv in a advanced position with Sissoko making powerful runs box to box able to carry the ball and giving us a very good outlet centrally will give us some great balance. Exciting times..

He's solely competing against Tiote for me, if used correctly then they should both get plenty of starts with us. Anita should play games where we're looking to be the team on top, his pace can cover breaks if full backs push up, and he's a better player on the ball to help us break teams down. Tiote should be playing games where we're looking likely to have more of a battle or will be under the cosh. Simply put, if I was manager, I'd be looking to play Anita in most home games and Tiote in the majority of the away matches.

Sissoko is wasted as a defensive midfielder, he's pure box-to-box and should be playing higher up. For me, he'd be competing with Marveaux and again it depends on the team we'll be playing.

Anita brings shitloads more to the team than Tiote does these days. I'd have him deep, starting off attacks, bringing the ball forward. If Sissoko can be the brawn (without limiting himself to an anchor man position), we can have those two behind Cabaye in a midfield trio. Sounds fit on paper, like.

Has to start for me, will be great with Cabaye in the side.

Does not compete with Tioté for me, that would be Sissoko. Anita has completley different qualities from both of those.

Tiote is a defensive midfielder, Sissoko is not, it would be a real waste of his talents to play him as one too. Anita can play all over the midfield, but he's shone as a defensive midfielder above all else.

A lot of the lineups people are making in light of our signings don't include Anita, he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. His energy, harrying and ability to distribute the ball are absolutely made for a midfield three role. I think he's been outstanding this season, despite everything.

Has to start for me, will be great with Cabaye in the side.

Does not compete with Tioté for me, that would be Sissoko. Anita has completley different qualities from both of those.

Tiote is a defensive midfielder, Sissoko is not, it would be a real waste of his talents to play him as one too. Anita can play all over the midfield, but he's shone as a defensive midfielder above all else.

I do not particularly see Anita as a player who breaks up play and wins the battle. Sissoko has the physical presence to do that even if he isn't deployed in a ancorman role. Anita on the other hand is the most modern midfielder we have. His passing and movement is/will be vital for our game if we actually adapt a 4-3-3 permanentley. The way in which he links defence to midfield is such a vital part of building play, I reckon he will revel with Yanga-Mbiwa/Coloccini in behind him.

We could probably sacrifice Tioté who's more one-dimensional than any of the other CM's.