Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest icemanblue

Anita and Sissoko should be our central midfield based on the form they showed as a pairing whilst Cabaye/Tiote were out, with Cabaye or Marveaux in front of them.

However, just like Marveaux after the Christmas period last season, they'll most likely never be given the run in the team they deserve (and earnt) simply because Pardew prefers other options, usually on the base of physicality or defensive strength. Bit like why he preferred Perch in CM over Anita last year.

Tiote is quickly establishing himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet again. Can't see why anyone would want him dropped.

Got to be Anita, Tiote and Cabaye on current form. Sissoko has been on the periphery too much this season. A dropping might give him a kick up the arse.

Would you honestly be surprised if we saw that three, with Remy left, Sissoko right and Gouffran up front? I wouldn't.

He's an excellent player and he'll be an excellent player for a different club next season, I'm sure of it. Underused by our absolute gimp of a manager.

Yep. He'll carve out a nice Arteta role for himself somewhere. Love the guy, but he's clearly in a club where his talents are wasted and he's criminally underappreciated.

He's an excellent player and he'll be an excellent player for a different club next season, I'm sure of it. Underused by our absolute gimp of a manager.

Yep. He'll carve out a nice Arteta role for himself somewhere. Love the guy, but he's clearly in a club where his talents are wasted and he's criminally underappreciated.

Well played, gaffer. Well played.