Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Anita is worth the money to me because of a few reasons....

1. It allows to play 2 proper DM's and free up the rest of the team

2. He's better at keeping possession ( something we have struggled with) and better at doing the old drop back as a CB when Colo runs forward role than anyone we have

3. He can play in both fullback roles

4. Tiote goes to AFCON we have genuine DM to play alongside Cabaye

I can definitely see why we want him, just hoping he's joined by a fullback and a striker by the end of the window. ( assuming he signs of course)

2. He's better at keeping possession ( something we have struggled with) and better at doing the old drop back as a CB when Colo runs forward role than anyone we have

I can definitely see why we want him, just hoping he's joined by a fullback and a striker by the end of the window. ( assuming he signs of course)

Basically Debuchy and Carroll*

*Most likely

Doesn't stack up for me, this. We have much greater priorities IMO, seems to be a hell of a lot of money to pay out for something we're not desperate for.

At my cynical worst Tiote sold for £20m, Anita bought for £6.5m.

But in all honesty I don't believe that will actually happen.

Seems the most likely explanation though. I can't see Anita give up an improved contract, a starter position and CL football for a place on the bench. Tiote and him are pretty much mutually exclusive on the field.

Unless we play 4-3-3 with Anita and Tiote as the defensive pivots and Cabaye as the advanced midfielder with (Debuchy) and Santon  bombing up and down each flank providing the width.

If that's the plan it would have been nice to even try it before the season starts.

I think Amalfitano is viewed by Pardew as a wide player.

I don't think he has the attributes of a wide player.

Most of our wide players seem to be "wide AM's" Ben Arfa and Marveaux are the same which is probably why Pards wants a attacking RB to help with width.

As long as he's not static and allowed to move around i don't see an issue there.

Better than..... ?

Doesn't stack up for me, this. We have much greater priorities IMO, seems to be a hell of a lot of money to pay out for something we're not desperate for.

Seems the most likely explanation though. I can't see Anita give up an improved contract, a starter position and CL football for a place on the bench. Tiote and him are pretty much mutually exclusive on the field.

Unless we play 4-3-3 with Anita and Tiote as the defensive pivots and Cabaye as the advanced midfielder with (Debuchy) and Santon  bombing up and down each flank providing the width.

If that's the plan it would have been nice to even try it before the season starts.

Just use Perch and Tiote instead of getting Anita.

:megusta:

Didn't we play 4-3-3 in the last friendly?

Most of our wide players seem to be "wide AM's" Ben Arfa and Marveaux are the same which is probably why Pards wants a attacking RB to help with width.

As long as he's not static and allowed to move around i don't see an issue there.

He played wide at Hartlepool didn't he? Swapping flanks a lot during the game and putting in a MOTM performance?

If you ask me we are signing this guy as a left back (thus switching Santon over to the right) and he's the alternative to Debuchy. We'll pay the bit extra due to his age and his versatility. That would be a shame if so because he is by the sounds of things much better as a midfielder.

Better than..... ?

Anyone we have, Cabaye is fantastic but i wouldn't say possession keeping is one of his best traits as far as keeping the ball goes Anita would probably be better than any CM we have currently.

He played wide at Hartlepool didn't he? Swapping flanks a lot during the game and putting in a MOTM performance?

Apparently yeah, that is what i'm on about our wide players are more likely to be moving across the front, coming inside and swapping wings than going down the by-line and whipping crosses in.

I imagine that's what we want our fullbacks to do.

Guest Ilsteir

If you ask me we are signing this guy as a left back (thus switching Santon over to the right) and he's the alternative to Debuchy. We'll pay the bit extra due to his age and his versatility. That would be a shame if so because he is by the sounds of things much better as a midfielder.

Anita can't play left back against any decent opposition though and for that kind of money there are much better alternatives. I have my doubts he would be much use as a CM as he has never shown much attacking intent either.

Guest StellaExpress

Anita can't play left back against any decent opposition and for that kind of money there are much better alternatives.

All I will say on this matter is.....

IN CARR WE TRUST!

Better than..... ?

Anyone we have, Cabaye is fantastic but i wouldn't say possession keeping is one of his best traits as far as keeping the ball goes Anita would probably be better than any CM we have currently.

Holding-on to possession in English football, I'm sure, would be totally different than in Dutch football.

But, we'll see anyway.....

Would have been nice to play Cabaye and Tiote together before last season started as well but it worked out ok.

Didn't we play 4-3-3 in the last friendly?

Not one of the players he mentioned played. Two aren't on the books btw.

Would have been nice to play Cabaye and Tiote together before last season started as well but it worked out ok.

Bit easier to drop into a bog standard 4-4-2 I'd imagine.

Anyway I'm not against this signing per se, I just find it a bit hard to fathom what we're up to. Same as the Carroll bid.

The explanation that makes the most sense is the one Nut and Cajun have mentioned, unfortunately.

Bit easier to drop into a bog standard 4-4-2 I'd imagine.

Anyway I'm not against this signing per se, I just find it a bit hard to fathom what we're up to. Same as the Carroll bid.

The explanation that makes the most sense is the one Nut and Cajun have mentioned, unfortunately.

Both Debuchy and Anita play in 4-3-3's at their current clubs. Anita having grown up at Ajax will have learned a variety of flexible formations. I'd say they could slot in quite easily. In fact I'd worry Anita would find it harder to slot into a rigid 4-4-2 personally. The rest of the players know 4-3-3 already.