Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Hope this isn't the end of Jonas :undecided:

Think Jonas is one of Pardew's favourite players. Not going off anything direct he's said but feel that he is. Can't comment at all on anything regarding Anita as I've never watched out for him. Imagine he must have pretty decent technique and something about him though if we're targeting a position we're not desperate for

Season starts a week today and we've no idea how the side will line up or who will be in it? Great preparation guys. :lol:

I hope we don't lose too many points working things out if this is the case.

It won't be the end of anyone, we need a thick squad for all the games we're playing and Pardew's been talking about having to change the mentality of players, about there being 1 fixed first team that stays basically the same, into a rotating squad like Man U manage. It'll be really tough and think it'll be the problem that detirmines how this season goes. I think we do have enough team spirit that people will survive been benched for the odd game, and I think Jonas of all the players will bring maturity to deal with it and hopefully will be an example to younger players.

Guest BooBoo

Season starts a week today and we've no idea how the side will line up or who will be in it? Great preparation guys. :lol:

Been saying this pretty much all summer. Apparently though I'm hysterical.

Luckily we are not the manager and i'm sure he knows 100% what he's doing  O0

We didn't lose in the league until the 19th November last year after starting the season in a far worse position than we are now.

Hmm, really cannot see Jonas being dropped. Not sure what we're planning to do with Anita.

play 3 or 5 in the middle when wanted or needs be, have a better option than perch, raylor, gosling, untried kids when tiote or cabaye is missing. haven't saw enough of anita to say how good he is but that position was certainly a priority for me.

We didn't lose in the league until the 19th November last year after starting the season in a far worse position than we are now.

dave'll be all over this though should we have 1 point after chelsea.

It won't be the end of anyone, we need a thick squad for all the games we're playing and Pardew's been talking about having to change the mentality of players, about there being 1 fixed first team that stays basically the same, into a rotating squad like Man U manage. It'll be really tough and think it'll be the problem that detirmines how this season goes. I think we do have enough team spirit that people will survive been benched for the odd game, and I think Jonas of all the players will bring maturity to deal with it and hopefully will be an example to younger players.

I hope you're right, but people need to remember where/who we are. We've had one fantastic season, we're not a top club yet. There are plenty of clubs that have attempted to introduce regular rotation of their first team and failed miserably. Our team spirit is righly championed as one of our biggest strengths at present, I'm worried about jeopardising that.

I hope you're right, but people need to remember where/who we are. We've had one fantastic season, we're not a top club yet. There are plenty of clubs that have attempted to introduce regular rotation of their first team and failed miserably. Our team spirit is righly championed as one of our biggest strengths at present, I'm worried about jeopardising that.

can't have it both ways. i thought people were shouting about extra games and needing a bigger squad.

Hmm, really cannot see Jonas being dropped. Not sure what we're planning to do with Anita.

cant he play at LB? ... santon RB anita LB??

nope, he's looked poor whenever he's played there. he playe wide either side, central midfield at a push but not regular.

dave'll be all over this though should we have 1 point after chelsea.

Depends how the games go, isn't that fair?

Think it's a bit deluded to think that we can just repeat last year's fantastic start again, and that would be the case even if we'd had better preparation this time.

cant he play at LB? ... santon RB anita LB??

nope, he's looked poor whenever he's played there. he playe wide either side, central midfield at a push but not regular.

i was on about anita not jonas  (Apologies if you were aswell)

Oh I agree, I think it'll be a huge challenge and could go wrong, Pards has said he'd have a squad for the europa and for league a bit didn't he but we don't have enough depth imo to just do that. What's most worrying was our terrible cup form last season. Anyway I'm just suggesting that while it'll be tough I think while it could jeopadise team spirit, it's also an advantage, we start from a strong place of togetherness and if it's tested a bit it may be enough.

can't have it both ways. i thought people were shouting about extra games and needing a bigger squad.

Bigger squad in positions we are weak.