Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

A Dutch journalist claims Vurnon Anita could be sold to Newcastle this week and expects another Ajax man to follow.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/video/31686

I hope this is true my No1 target of the summer.  :banana:

Sometimes you just want to smack journalists around the head. The movie is poorly edited (or intentionally misleading), Valentijn Driessen (not Breissen) is clearly talking about Van der Wiel who switched to Raiola a few days back and is looking for a transfer. He didn't say anything about Anita who is still managed by Lulofs.

Daniel Salisbury-Jones lowering himself to that degree? Say it aint so. :lol:

Guest Ilsteir

You an Ajax fan or Newcastle Ilsteir? I know you're Dutch, how much did you rate Luuk de Jong from last season in the Dutch League?

I'm a Shearer-fan which goes a long way in explaining my sympathy for Newcastle, but I tend to keep track of Dutch players abroad.

Luuk de Jong is the best Dutch striker of his generation. Classic center forward that can both hold up the ball and finish. Decent in the air and on the ground. I expect him to succeed Van Persie in the national team in time. However his technical skill and pace are not that great. He doesn't have the natural talent of say Kluivert, but he is not worse than Van Nistelrooij was at that age. Off course, he is still 21 so it can go any way.

Quotes on twitter from Anita's agent saying he has rejected their new contract, deal could be done this week.

Not sure like, we will probably offer 3 bags of cement for him.

Can't see these quotes. Could you post a link or the article itself?

Reading that #nufc could sign Vurnon Anita by Friday. He's agent has said, "Definitely a deal can take place in this week,..."

"Anita will not extend his contract. He's a player coming from the youth of Ajax. They"re not the best paid players." #nufc

http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/08/08/reports-newcastle-will-sign-vurnon-anita-by-end-of-the-week/

Quotes on twitter from Anita's agent saying he has rejected their new contract, deal could be done this week.

Not sure like, we will probably offer 3 bags of cement for him.

Can't see these quotes. Could you post a link or the article itself?

Reading that #nufc could sign Vurnon Anita by Friday. He's agent has said, "Definitely a deal can take place in this week,..."

"Anita will not extend his contract. He's a player coming from the youth of Ajax. They"re not the best paid players." #nufc

http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/08/08/reports-newcastle-will-sign-vurnon-anita-by-end-of-the-week/

Those are the quotes from that Dutch journo on Sky aren't they?

Van der Wiel and Anita have both just hired 'super agent' Mino Raiola, apparantly. As Zlatan's agent, he's known as a selling agent, so maybe he's there to engineer a transfer. Officials of both clubs are meant to be meeting on Friday.

Van der Wiel and Anita have both just hired 'super agent' Mino Raiola, apparantly. As Zlatan's agent, he's known as a selling agent, so maybe he's there to engineer a transfer. Officials of both clubs are meant to be meeting on Friday.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/08/3294484/anita-agent-switch-increases-speculation-over-potential?source=breakingnews

Anita agent change fuels speculation over Newcastle move

We'll get humped contract-wise...what ive read about him, he has like the strongest but most shit technique of negotiation in football, but always wins ridiculous contracts for his players (based of his Zlatan deals at least)

Don't want them then since they'll be forever linked away from us after two weeks of arriving.

Don't want them then since they'll be forever linked away from us after two weeks of arriving.

you mean like every other player in our squad pretty much?

Newcastle United back in talks for Vurnon Anita‎

ChronicleLive - 50 minutes ago

NEWCASTLE United are understood to have held fresh discussions with Ajax ... Sources in Holland say that United are still very much in the running for Anita ...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/10/newcastle-united-back-in-talks-for-vurnon-anita-72703-31590802/

Well if he wants ridiculous contracts for his players, we won't be signing them. So it's quite simple.

One of the few things we can say for certain in this window, Ashley isn't going to be giving out ludicrous contracts.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Where are these sources?

Some Dutch

Nufc fans

Like I said not the best but these tend to grow during the day. I'll see if I can find the Dutch ones