Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Quoted for the new page

De Telegraaf -

AMSTERDAM - Newcastle United is in charge of Ajax in a difficult position. A delegation from the Premier League Club was in Amsterdam and made an increased offer (reportedly of over eight million euros excluding bonuses) on Vurnon Anita (23).

The amount brings the Amsterdam - right before the competition starts against AZ - in an almost impossible dilemma. Anita proved invaluable last season and Ajax do not want to lose. The midfielder himself has set his sights on a transfer, however, put the board and asked to cooperate.

So by financial director Jeroen Slop and the technical heart of the assessment can be made or Anita ever greater profit than the nine or ten million who are expected to be dragged out.

Gregory van der Wiel

The Ajax is just two years under contract and Gregory van der Wiel serves as a shining example. The right back was after the World Cup in 2010 (up) eighteen million sold to Bayern Munich and Valencia offered last winter still total more than nine million. If Ajax now collects five million euros for him, is that many, because Van der Wiel is only a year under contract.

Problem is that Anita Ajax must find a replacement and the 'footballing defensive midfielders' simply scarce.

Especially with the same chunk of experience as the Dutch Antilles in 2005 at the age of sixteen made his debut in Ajax 1 and since then has played 108 league matches.

13m euros for van der Wiel and Anita..? I know most have their heart set on Debuchy but if that isn't possible it could be worth a punt

I just can't accept any alternatives to Debuchy at this point. Van dee Wiel may be a great player in time but Debuchy is a great player already and that's what we need in that position this season. Plus he's desperate to be here.

13m euros for van der Wiel and Anita..? I know most have their heart set on Debuchy but if that isn't possible it could be worth a punt

I just can't accept any alternatives to Debuchy at this point. Van dee Wiel may be a great player in time but Debuchy is a great player already and that's what we need in that position this season. Plus he's desperate to be here.

And it'll appease Cabaye. Debuchy should 100% be our man.

Guest Wally_McFool

I agree it's a make or break season for Gosling. The lady's been unlucky with injuries but with Guthrie gone he might get his chance for more involvement.

Nice typo  :D

:thup:

Still believe he will end up here anyway.

Why do we need to appease Cabaye?

By all means go after Debuchy because he is a good player, use Cabaye's friendship as a negotiation tool but we don't need to be 'appeasing' him :lol:

Doesn't stack up for me, this. We have much greater priorities IMO, seems to be a hell of a lot of money to pay out for something we're not desperate for.

At my cynical worst Tiote sold for £20m, Anita bought for £6.5m.

But in all honesty I don't believe that will actually happen.

Why do we need to appease Cabaye?

By all means go after Debuchy because he is a good player, use Cabaye's friendship as a negotiation tool but we don't need to be 'appeasing' him :lol:

Don't be daft, man. Never mentioned it as the main purpose for a deal. It's simply just an added positive that he's one of Cabaye's best mates. He'd have another reason for keeping put for years.

Guest icemanblue

Wouldnt be surprised if this is even a cover up for a bid for Toby Alderweireld.

:lol: I'd be very fucking surprised!

Just because we might sign a midfielder first doesn't mean we aren't looking at buying players for other positions.  We don't need to buy players in order of need (though in some respects it'd be nice).  I think we've proven that whilewe may not expand our squad we do replace players when they leave. We've lost two midfielders this summer in Smith and Guthrie.  Smith isn't a lossin but saves a lot of money, Guthrie is a loss that needs to be replaced but doesn't saves us much in wages.  Together they can easily pay for us to bring in a quality midfielder to add depth.  If you look at our midfielders currently we have two quality choices and very little else other than unproven talent.  Given we have dabbled with 4-3-3 quite a bit this really leaves us lacking.  Personally I think a midfielder is atleast as important as a centre half and striker.

Guest Ilsteir

Doesn't stack up for me, this. We have much greater priorities IMO, seems to be a hell of a lot of money to pay out for something we're not desperate for.

Seems the most likely explanation though. I can't see Anita give up an improved contract, a starter position and CL football for a place on the bench. Tiote and him are pretty much mutually exclusive on the field.

Playing for Ajax and the Netherlands you aren't exactly that much tested defensively, wich is a concern. How will he cope against the bigger teams? However our attacking right hand side really need a supporting fullback behind HBA and Van der Wiel and Anita sure has that attacking strategy and mentality brought up in blood through Ajax. It's kind of exciting and I do think we'll be better off on the whole.

But as said, actually worried that he won't be as good as Simpson on the defensive. Simpson is by all means not superdupergreat, but he just lacks that offensive bit wich I for one really wanted there to go along with a good/okay right back. After all it's all about how the team works together anyway.

Seems the most likely explanation though. I can't see Anita give up an improved contract, a starter position and CL football for a place on the bench. Tiote and him are pretty much mutually exclusive on the field.

Unless we play 4-3-3 with Anita and Tiote as the defensive pivots and Cabaye as the advanced midfielder with (Debuchy) and Santon  bombing up and down each flank providing the width.

Debuchy is definitely what i'd want and i'm sure i'm not alone there, but if it can't happen for what ever reason i would be pleased with Van der Wiel instead.

I'm sure this Anita chap is a good player, but can't help but feel money needs to be spent on right back, centre back and striker before adding to the midfield.

Why does it matter what order it is spent in? I'm sure if we do sign this guy it won't stop us trying to do deals for others.

I don't believe we need to buy Anita, would be happier if we got in players for those other three positions. I would hope that Gosling can fill in more plus we have Bigi and Amalfitano to chip in with games. Another first team centre mid that may not get a look in ahead of Tiote and Cabaye when they are fit seems an unnecessary deal to commit to until you get your key weak areas plugged first. I assumed we are operating on a limited budget given the way we are handling the Debuchy bids, so if that is the case I'd rather we had more cash to get the right players in those other positions before getting Anita.

You’re totally right in that if we do sign Anita then there it doesn't stop us trying to do deals for others, then again I never suggested that it would.

Can't remember who it was but someone on here made a good point when they said they don't reckon Ashley has a set budget, but if a bargain's to be had, he'll take it. If signing Anita for £7m now means he thinks he could get double that in a few years, or even worse, thinks he could cash in on Tiote or Cabaye for top money, he'd do it.