Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Agree, some were on his back and he wasn't having his finest game, but without him on the pitch his influence is clear, keeps pace and possesion up. Unfortunately looked a little lacking in focus today and gave ball away way too many times. Hope he's not badly injured though, suspect he'll be on sidelines for a bit though. Maybe prompt club into signing a new deep midfielder? Tiote looked clueless when he came on

He's so quick around the pitch, a massive difference to Colback.

this is something that seems to get overlooked at lot

colback is a nightmare man, he must be blackmailing someone

I'm really hoping that McClaren has seen this also and makes Anita a central cog in this team. Having him in the same team as Colback is pointless though. I don't know if it was just me, but it looked like he was playing further forward than Colback.

He's so quick around the pitch, a massive difference to Colback.

this is something that seems to get overlooked at lot

colback is a nightmare man, he must be blackmailing someone

I'm really hoping that McClaren has seen this also and makes Anita a central cog in this team. Having him in the same team as Colback is pointless though. I don't know if it was just me, but it looked like he was playing further forward than Colback.

i thought the other way, first half anyway when i could watch it a bit better, thought colback was the further forward of the two and anita was looking for the ball a bit deeper

hard to tell on a shite stream tbh

The game changed because we ran out of legs. Anita did ok but made some very sloppy passes which could have been punished. After 75 mins we were dead on our feet and De Jong longs weeks away from fitness

The game changed because we ran out of legs. Anita did ok but made some very sloppy passes which could have been punished. After 75 mins we were dead on our feet and De Jong longs weeks away from fitness

I'd agree with that.

Think Vurn is pivotal to the way we played today though, dropping between the CB's to start the play. A role where if you lose the ball it's very, very noticeable as you're exposed. Can you imagine Tiote in that role? Would be absolute suicide. :lol:

I'd agree with that.

Think Vurn is pivotal to the way we played today though, dropping between the CB's to start the play. A role where if you lose the ball it's very, very noticeable as you're exposed. Can you imagine Tiote in that role? Would be absolute suicide. :lol:

Thing is we'll get nowhere playing both Colback and Anita. They both did ok but they take up 2 places in a side where 1 player should do. Wignaldum looks a star and De Jong looks a bit surplus to requirements. We need a left back and Obertan can't continue. First half we were dreadful down the left but late on their fitness and was helpful

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/vurnon-anita-injury-how-long-9821622

Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren says that Vurnon Anita’s injury may not have been as bad as first feared.

The Holland midfielder was carried off in the second half after an awkward fall during the 2-2 draw with Southampton – and it looked like a bad injury.

He was replaced by Cheick Tiote with the Ivory Coast international making his first appearance since January.

Asked about the extent of Anita’s injury, the Toon chief said after the game: “Vurnon is ok and he’s walking around normally. We will assess it this week.”

Anita has been a surprise mainstay of Newcastle’s midfield during pre-season and got the nod over Tiote on Sunday – and he will be desperate not to lose his place after a stop-start spell at St James’ Park.

United’s next game is at Swansea City on Saturday.

Was it Anita who did a few wayward passes which went straight to the opposition? Apart from that (if it was him) he played well.

I'd agree with that.

Thing is we'll get nowhere playing both Colback and Anita. They both did ok but they take up 2 places in a side where 1 player should do. Wignaldum looks a star and De Jong looks a bit surplus to requirements. We need a left back and Obertan can't continue. First half we were dreadful down the left but late on their fitness and was helpful

Eh, we'll get nowhere except looking like winning today against a side that got into Europe last season?