Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I know Jonas has been a bit suspect at full back in the past, but maybe playing as an attacking wingback would suit him better in that 4-3-1-2 formation with him on the left and Santon on the right.  Assuming we don't get Debuchy.

Mail (who aren't actually too bad regarding us) reckon he's flying in for a medical tomorrow.

Good stuff.

He'll get plenty of games this season, possibly in a couple of positions, but he'll be an asset from the little I've seen and heard. Looking forward to seeing him. :)

Looks a very sensible passer of the ball, I don't mean in a Jenas sideways/backwards kind of way, he just makes sure the pass is there before playing it.

Also from the few vids I have seen he is ALWAYS there for the defence to pass to, which makes sense with comments about us wanting to play it more on the ground.

Looks a very tidy, unassuming player that alongside Tiote will give Cabaye a lot more freedom.

I reckon Cabaye in a more free role is likely to get us a lot of goals (for a midfielder).

A slight shame for Jonas but he will get plenty of games I reckon and will give us a very different option which will be important in some games if we are struggling with one style of football.

Definitely won't play left back iyam.

Some of the Ajax fans have concerns over whether he'll be able to adapt.

"Anita is a good manmarker, good on the ball and in short passes and combinations. He's just not very well suited to play big areas and British football is pretty much known for playing with a stretched team which means the midfielder have to cover huge areas. That's why in British football tje box-to-box midfielder is so important. Anita isn't a box to box midfielder, as we say in Dutch he will 'drown' in a system like that. Whereas Arsenal have quite a European style I think Newcastle still has a more British style of play and for that style taller physically strong box-to-box players, with great stamina, good long range passing and a powerful shot from distance are more important qualities. Anita simply doesn't really fit that profile. He isn't bad in those areas, but not good enough I feel and his better qualities aren't utilized in that system.

As I said before, IMO this transfer has flop written all over it. It's a shame for Anita as it'll probably kill his carreer, but he's made his choice so he has to suffer the consequences."

"Anita is a good manmarker, good on the ball and in short passes and combinations. He's just not very well suited to play big areas and British football is pretty much known for playing with a stretched team which means the midfielder have to cover huge areas. That's why in British football tje box-to-box midfielder is so important. Anita isn't a box to box midfielder, as we say in Dutch he will 'drown' in a system like that. Whereas Arsenal have quite a European style I think Newcastle still has a more British style of play and for that style taller physically strong box-to-box players, with great stamina, good long range passing and a powerful shot from distance are more important qualities. Anita simply doesn't really fit that profile. He isn't bad in those areas, but not good enough I feel and his better qualities aren't utilized in that system.

As I said before, IMO this transfer has flop written all over it. It's a shame for Anita as it'll probably kill his carreer, but he's made his choice so he has to suffer the consequences."

Never seen the guy play but this is just stereotypical BS.

Never seen the guy play but this is just stereotypical BS.

Absolutely. Load of nonsense. Ironically it's Cabaye himself who proves it.

Guest Ilsteir

Yeah, EPL football hasn't been on public TV channels in years in the Netherlands. There are quite a few uninformed football fans over here that think EPL teams still play "kick and rush" like in the 80s. Though you can blame Chelsea's CL campaign last year a bit for fueling that prejudice. :lol:

So who is the odd man out? One striker from now on?

Jonas I reckon.

Front 6 of

Cabaye  Tiote  Anita

HBA

Cisse  Ba

With Cabaye pushing forward more helping the attack and Anite/Tiote sitting back. Sometimes we might have Jonas in a carrier role against weaker teams.

IMO.

So who is the odd man out? One striker from now on?

Jonas I reckon.

Front 6 of

Cabaye  Tiote  Anita

HBA

Cisse  Ba

With Cabaye pushing forward more helping the attack and Anite/Tiote sitting back. Sometimes we might have Jonas in a carrier role against weaker teams.

IMO.

:scared: No es bueno, 8/12 hermano. We need Jonas, imo.