Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Read my post again and tell me you disagree with it Sewelly, I'm saying their achievements over the last 20 years haven't been much cop and they can't just class themselves as a by-product of the reality of modern football - they've actually contributed towards their own position with their relative underachievement over the last 20 years.  I've often looked at the Dutch league and seen teams other than Ajax winning it and Ajax doing nothing in Europe and thought the club must be being mismanaged given their youth academy, prestige and all the rest of it.  They're clearly a big club historically but so what.

Look back 20 years and see what happend in european football.

So much going on in that pic I don't go far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

10 internets to you sir for using a classic!

Ah here comes the "I knew he did it on purpose all along" brigade. :p

:lol: I think I just need to get out more

Guest Ilsteir

Fair point.

The thing with Liverpool though is their decline is largely their fault. I don't think Ajax's is. Certainly not to the same extent anyway.

But they've only managed to win their own league 4 times since 1998.

PSV Eindhoven had a massive run with 7 titles since 2000, similar to Olympique Lyon had in France. PSV choked access to the vital CL millions for the other top teams in the Eredivisie.

Read my post again and tell me you disagree with it Sewelly, I'm saying their achievements over the last 20 years haven't been much cop and they can't just class themselves as a by-product of the reality of modern football - they've actually contributed towards their own position with their relative underachievement over the last 20 years.  I've often looked at the Dutch league and seen teams other than Ajax winning it and Ajax doing nothing in Europe and thought the club must be being mismanaged given their youth academy, prestige and all the rest of it.  They're clearly a big club historically but so what.

Are you referring to the influx of money in other leagues?  If so then it doesn't explain their relative mediocrity domestically and also their inability to have the odd good European campaign reaching the semis/final or winning a competition like smaller clubs such as Porto/Leverkusen, etc.  Not really sure how people are claiming Ajax have been hamstrung by the money in other leagues and that's all there is to it, surely if that was the case they'd win their own league more often than not.

So much going on in that pic I don't go far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

just hoy a load of verbs together and hope it turns out areet.  I like your tactic.

It's a meme man: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-anyone-really-been-far-even-as-decided-to-use-even-go-want-to-do-look-more-like </party pooper>

ahh soz.  I don't usually look at the 'incredibly shit and unfunny memes linked to shitty 4chan' section.

:lol: :thup:

Fair point.

The thing with Liverpool though is their decline is largely their fault. I don't think Ajax's is. Certainly not to the same extent anyway.

PSV Eindhoven had a massive run with 7 titles since 2000, similar to Olympique Lyon had in France. PSV choked access to the vital CL millions for the other top teams in the Eredivisie.

OK, well this is a better explanation, still don't think it makes much difference in terms of the argument at hand mind, i.e. whether Ajax can act hard done by when their players go elsewhere.

Utterly s**** meme. Anybody that uses it, understood it and enjoyed it needs a slap.

Regardless - out the sig you go.

:D it was an honour while it lasted

I think anybody who understands it doesn't deserve a slap like

Are you referring to the influx of money in other leagues?  If so then it doesn't explain their relative mediocrity domestically and also their inability to have the odd good European campaign reaching the semis/final or winning a competition like smaller clubs such as Porto/Leverkusen, etc.  Not really sure how people are claiming Ajax have been hamstrung by the money in other leagues and that's all there is to it, surely if that was the case they'd win their own league more often than not.

Money in all the big leagues, club known to create the goods. Offcourse they will be ripped apart in an instant when the players there suddenly know they can live the rest of their lives on playing footie for the next 10 years. An easy look through the 5 first years of the premier league shows you some of the best players of the last 2 decades came from ajax. Like kluivert, overmas, bergkamp etc.

Others have touched on this but I will go that little extra, signing this lad to free up Cabaye could also help our lack of strikers as we potential have a midfielder who will score as many as your typical 3rd choice striker. He got 15 in a season for Lille from a similar role one season didn't he? That's not to mention the amount of assists he will get.

just hoy a load of verbs together and hope it turns out areet.  I like your tactic.

It's a meme man: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-anyone-really-been-far-even-as-decided-to-use-even-go-want-to-do-look-more-like </party pooper>

ahh soz.  I don't usually look at the 'incredibly shit and unfunny memes linked to shitty 4chan' section.

oo ooooo we're on the internet but we don't like internet humour, how indie. lol thumbs up.

Pathetic.

Neesy finally has some stiff competition...or his brother has signed up.  :lol:

edit:

Or very shitty meme

:okay:

ahh soz.  I don't usually look at the 'incredibly s*** and unfunny memes linked to shitty 4chan' section.

oo ooooo we're on the internet but we don't like internet humour, how indie. lol thumbs up.

Pathetic.

I like memes.  With the exception of that one and Dolan.

ahh soz.  I don't usually look at the 'incredibly s*** and unfunny memes linked to shitty 4chan' section.

Pathetic.

I like memes.  With the exception of that one and Dolan.

Woron

http://christwire.org/wp-content/uploads/dolan-donald-duck-weird.png

pls

Guest Ilsteir

Fair point.

OK, well this is a better explanation, still don't think it makes much difference in terms of the argument at hand mind, i.e. whether Ajax can act hard done by when their players go elsewhere.

They rarely do, it's a fact of life in the Eredivisie. Most fans only complain when young talent get's raided from the academies before they have spend time in first teams.

Many better players than Anita have left on good terms like Ibrahimovich, Sneijder or Suarez, so it's a bit strange in all.

Like I said earlier much of the anger in Anita's case seems to stem from him being hard to replace for Ajax. Losing Anita could be decisive for their title chances and making it past the group stages of the CL. Newcastle is not perceived as a (massive) improvement. It's easier to accept for fans if your key player leaves you for a dream-club, and not just a better contract in a better league.

Personally I think they are exaggerating, Anita is a good player but they act like he is Xavi. Bocarra should be able to replace him next year. And if their really desperate they can raid Feyenoord for Clasie, that should be good for some drama :lol:

Fair point.

They rarely do, it's a fact of life in the Eredivisie. Most fans only complain when young talent get's raided from the academies before they have spend time in first teams.

Many better players than Anita have left on good terms like Ibrahimovich, Sneijder or Suarez, so it's a bit strange in all.

Like I said earlier much of the anger in Anita's case seems to stem from him being hard to replace for Ajax. Losing Anita could be decisive for their title chances and making it past the group stages of the CL. Newcastle is not perceived as a (massive) improvement. It's easier to accept for fans if your key player leaves you for a dream-club, and not just a better contract in a better league.

Personally I think they are exaggerating, Anita is a good player but they act like he is Xavi. Bocarra should be able to replace him next year. And if their really desperate they can raid Feyenoord for Clasie, that should be good for some drama :lol:

Signing for Sunderland.

Fair point.

Signing for Sunderland.

not given his first name.  ;D