New TV Deal - £3bn Over 3 Years.

Turnbull2000

Wonder what impact this will have on our transfer strategy this summer? Certainly increases the chance of us holding onto our players

Why would it make a difference to either aspect?

Eh, so will BT be launching a channel?

Was hoping Al-Jazeera would get it, the package they've done in other countries is mint.

Never heard anything about what their package is in other countries, you got some more info Sewelly?

Wonder what impact this will have on our transfer strategy this summer? Certainly increases the chance of us holding onto our players

Or gives other Clubs the opportunity to offer better deals than we ever will.

So, no change then

Eh, so will BT be launching a channel?

Was hoping Al-Jazeera would get it, the package they've done in other countries is mint.

Never heard anything about what their package is in other countries, you got some more info Sewelly?

It had rights to pretty much all the leagues and about 10 channels IIRC when I seen it in Dubai.

Not sure what he's getting at but it does make the UK market stand out.

It will be even cheaper for Premier League clubs to do their shopping abroad rather than in the British transfer market with too much money floating around, inflating prices further. I suppose in that sense it means we might hold on to our players as it's far more attractive for our rivals to import than buy domestically.

That said, that has been the case for a number of years but many clubs still haven't caught on.

Nice to see Football and TV bucking the economic trend at the moment. :(

Rangers, Portsmouth, Darlington?

It was more that you would think wages, etc would start coming down - but this will mean they are only going to increase further. Christ knows what Sky will start charging for their sports packages next year. :(

Guest neesy111

More games on TV = Bad shit for the paying fan.  I'm sick of all the shit kick off times any case.

Guest neesy111

The fact is the increase in money will all go into the players pocket like it has for the last 2 decades.

I wonder, do these bids get picked on solely because of the financial offer or is there other things they consider, like coverage outside of the game itself?, interactive facilities?, the amount of people who can gain access to the channel?

Also did the BBC mange to keep MOTD?

Well I suppose you could say it'll inflate the price of UK based players even further, making it even more attractive to buy from abroad instead.

The fact is the increase in money will all go into the players pocket like it has for the last 2 decades.

What's wrong with that?

Do you not find it nauseating that players earn £100,000+ a week?

Doesn't sit easy with me.

And there I was thinking maybe the bubble was about to burst...

Can you see Ashley giving all our players a 30% pay rise just because this could potentially increase our revenue by the same percentage? :D

Guest neesy111

What's wrong with that?

Are you happy with footballers earning 100k+ a week?

Guest neesy111

Can you see Ashley giving all our players a 30% pay rise just because this could potentially increase our revenue by the same percentage?

I do think we are past that period, though I can see many more clubs spending beyond their means.