Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

So basically from that garbled nonsense translation, he wants to go there and they've agreed everything but Twente are still trying to raise more money for him which has pissed him off. He's willing to waive some cut he's supposed to be due.

I think. Unbelievable will have to confirm.

Will be hard work finding a replacement of the same caliber.

Big, quite strong, good in the air, technically sound, can strike a ball with both feet.

Talent wise id argue Guidetti is at a similar level, although De Jong is much more proven at a high level due to his performance in the Europa League.

Outside of that, in the age group Guidetti and De Jong seem to be in i cant think of many others.

Not too fussed if I'm honest as long as we get in another striker in (maybe two). 15M is too high for someone who has not proven himself at the highest level, might be a one season wonder like Carrlol.

These are the riskiest kind of transfers, a player between "got potential" to "consistent top performances". They fetch a high price (due to young age) but are yet to prove themselves. If we are to buy big, I'd rather it be on someone who has done it consistently and who we know can hit the ground running like Cisse. If we are to buy potential, I'd rather we buy them at an earlier development stage (cheaper) like the ones we got in recently

Take this one on the chin just like we did with Gameiro. I trust we have other targets, and one thing I'm pretty sure there won't be a panic buy from Pardew/Carr. Just worries me a little going into the season with Cisse, Ba, Shola and Xisco.

Good luck to De Jong.

Edit - forgot about the Power Ranger. Feel a whole better now like :)

Not really fussed tbf. spending that much on a holland player is way too much for my liking. There are more players out there, but as said, maybe not as young as he is. But talented and proven over time. The hype he has recieved after this year resembles of Carrolls. Albeit the pricetag.

I'd have liked to have got him. Churlish to say otherwise.

I think we all would, but the price was far too much for someone who by contrast has achieved very little for the price.... i know if i was in Ashley's position i would'nt sanction a £15m deal for him either.

As already mentioned, we move on to other targets now been nice to have signed him but it's not the end of the world and with Ba increasingly look like he's staying he maybe is'nt needed as much as he would have been if Ba left.