Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Them comments were bang out of order and i said that at the time. Pardew can't be blamed for lack of signings though or a sale near deadline today. I don't know what you expect him to say?

I suppose he could grow a pair of b0ll0x and actually want to manage a team that had minimal sporting aspirations. He wouldn't have to say anything, the silence could at least be interpreted as displeasure. Listening to him finger Mashley's ringpiece grates on me though.

Silence :lol: No comment to any challenging question to why no permanent signings were made or no Cabaye replacement. That would probably anger people on here more no doubt. I honestly don't know what would make people happy other than a rant or dig at Ashley during a question.

Remember the couple of weeks after Nobby Kinnear signed. Nothing from Pardew. 2 brain cells was all that was needed to figure out he wasn't 'on board' with that appointment.

What makes this move a bit more interesting is that JFK is obviously applying whatever methodology he's being told to by Ashley to bring players in.

This and the Remy deal were both effectively in place before Llambias departure, the players having been identified a long time ago.

I suppose its good news that JFK doesn't have carte blanche with regard to this. No fears of a Hartson/Gary Breen double swoop over the next few days at least.

what's with the f***ing crying about a loan deal as well?  they might want to look at the lad for a few months as he didn't have a great time in germany before spaffing 10m on him

if they're not 100% sure and he's better than shola (:yao:) then what's the f***ing problem?

I prefer this loan to say, for example, we got Zaha on loan where we know there's no chance we'd make it permanent in the summer.

yeah, same, a holtby or capoue or someone would also be of the same ilk should they bother their arse to try it

What makes this move a bit more interesting is that JFK is obviously applying whatever methodology he's being told to by Ashley to bring players in.

This and the Remy deal were both effectively in place before Llambias departure, the players having been identified a long time ago.

I suppose its good news that JFK doesn't have carte blanche with regard to this. No fears of a Hartson/Gary Breen double swoop over the next few days at least.

It's good news that JFK hasn't scuppered these deals, but also a big worry that we don't seem to have done any that weren't in place before he arrived. Maybe he's not as completely incompetent as he seems, can only hope I suppose.

Guest bimpy474

I'm cool with Ben Arfa/Marveaux stepping up in the pecking order now Cabaye has gone, two creative players to last us till the summer there if need be. I don't want Ben Arfa in the 10 role but i'd still probably go with him over Sissoko and change it around if it doesn't work.

Agreed but do you really see Pardew playing either of them ahead of Ameobi when he hasn't done that all season so far.

Them comments were bang out of order and i said that at the time. Pardew can't be blamed for lack of signings though or a sale near deadline today. I don't know what you expect him to say?

I suppose he could grow a pair of b0ll0x and actually want to manage a team that had minimal sporting aspirations. He wouldn't have to say anything, the silence could at least be interpreted as displeasure. Listening to him finger Mashley's ringpiece grates on me though.

Silence :lol: No comment to any challenging question to why no permanent signings were made or no Cabaye replacement. That would probably anger people on here more no doubt. I honestly don't know what would make people happy other than a rant or dig at Ashley during a question.

Remember the couple of weeks after Nobby Kinnear signed. Nothing from Pardew. 2 brain cells was all that was needed to figure out he wasn't 'on board' with that appointment.

It helped the fact he didn;t have press conferences to attend and could just stay out of the way of the media on holiday or wherever. Soon as he spoke he muddled his way through backing the appointment. Totally different when he has to face the media and take the questions full on straight after a deal has been struck or deadline day passed.

I'm cool with Ben Arfa/Marveaux stepping up in the pecking order now Cabaye has gone, two creative players to last us till the summer there if need be. I don't want Ben Arfa in the 10 role but i'd still probably go with him over Sissoko and change it around if it doesn't work.

Agreed but do you really see Pardew playing either of them ahead of Ameobi when he hasn't done that all season so far.

I'm not sure :shifty:

De Jong is a bonus as he'll go ahead of Shola in the pecking order and a 4-4-2 still looks good even without Cabaye.

It's good news that JFK hasn't scuppered these deals, but also a big worry that we don't seem to have done any that weren't in place before he arrived. Maybe he's not as completely incompetent as he seems, can only hope I suppose.

Very true that he's not brought anything new to the table but then I would always have accepted damage limitation as far as that flacid cock is concerned.

With any luck he can maintain a low profile before retiring, either from work or from life.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not sure :shifty:

De Jong is a bonus as he'll go ahead of Shola in the pecking order and a 4-4-2 still looks good even without Cabaye.

Hope that's right, De Jong ahead of Shola. He would have to be some new kind of bad to be worse than Shola :lol:

Very true that he's not brought anything new to the table but then I would always have accepted damage limitation as far as that flacid cock is concerned.

With any luck he can maintain a low profile before retiring, either from work or from life.

Oh aye, me too. In many ways it's the best case scenario if does nothing. Just hope there is someone at the club who can do deals. I guess Carr is the key still.

Guest antz1uk

can he play on Sat, if not why not?

He can if he signs by midday, 31 Jan.

The window is open until 11pm, on Friday 31 January, as is the case for most European leagues (see below). Due to the fact that Barclays Premier League fixtures are scheduled on the following day, any signings on the final day of the transfer window must be completed before midday on 31 January in order for the players concerned to be eligible to play that weekend.

cheers  O0 just read on a previous page someone saying he couldn't play