Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Some nice bits of link up again but little speed with runners rendered it useless. No crossers and no speed and creativity in our midfield will inhibit him. I watched the shooting warm up and some of his finishing was fantastic, if only we could play to our strikers' strengths. Pardew's been spoiled by Remy.

Depending on his current contract length I would try and get him on a season long loan in the summer. Half a season is no time to judge a player, just bump the Debuchy thread from last summer to see how their attributes (or apparent lack of) are highlighted to ridiculous lengths.

Getting him on loan would be a waste of a squad place.

Depending on his current contract length I would try and get him on a season long loan in the summer. Half a season is no time to judge a player, just bump the Debuchy thread from last summer to see how their attributes (or apparent lack of) are highlighted to ridiculous lengths.

Getting him on loan would be a waste of a squad place.

Please bump this September 2nd.

He's not Remy, but I suppose I'd probably take another exhaustingly disappointing and uninspiring season-loan deal.

Not Remy. :lol:

He's not even Cisse on his worst day.

Stop not getting my tongue-in-cheek posts, man.

I'm still willing to persist with him. Can't be doing anything for his confidence being hooked on 60 mins when it should have been Gouffran.

This is the only time we've shown anything other than total confidence in him TBF.

I don't think we can buy him based on what he's shown so far, maybe another loan.

I'd rather we tried to sign Siem and forgot about this loan deal ever happening with the way it's currently panning out.

Did he even have a shot at goal tonight? His link up play can be good and he's ok at holding the ball up but other than that I really fail to see what he brings. He offers next to nothing in terms of an actual goal threat or provider. I could forgive a second striker who doesn't score but lays on plenty of chances for the main striker but when you're not doing that he's just a waste of a shirt, especially when we have creative outlets like Hatem and Marveaux rotting on the bench.

Did he even have a shot at goal tonight? His link up play can be good and he's ok at holding the ball up but other than that I really fail to see what he brings. He offers next to nothing in terms of an actual goal threat or provider. I could forgive a second striker who doesn't score but lays on plenty of chances for the main striker but when you're not doing that he's just a waste of a shirt, especially when we have creative outlets like Hatem and Marveaux rotting on the bench.

He did it got blocked early doors.

Fwiw it was probly going in as well.

Was that in the first 2/3 minutes? Sadly that was probably our best spell of the game! Surely you would agree though that one shot for a striker is a miserable stat?

Was that in the first 2/3 minutes? Sadly that was probably our best spell of the game! Surely you would agree though that one shot for a striker is a miserable stat?

Its not ideal for sure but we don't play to his strengths and also he's playing with his back to goal in more of a supportive role.

If we had a couple of wingers and central midfielders running beyond him he'd look a lot better imo

We need at least two or three players on the pitch who can create something out of nothing for themselves, unless we're going to dramatically change our style.

We could have De Jong in the squad and play him with Remy or another similar signing, but we don't create enough chances from midfield to play him with Cisse.