Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Where are we getting this money from? :frantic:

Extra TV money on top of our initial budget.

Eh? That's not with us for another year yet. Do you really see this lot borrowing money from the future after all the slagging off they've done of that idea?

Pardew said the extra money was going to 'arm us' a bit more, a couple days ago. :dontknow:

Yeah, when we have it. I know it's guaranteed income (as long as we don't go down!) but I still don't see us spending more now than we actually have.

Well the money's obviously there - wherever it's come from. It does look like Ashley wants to 'speculate to accumulate' and build on the fantastic season we've just had. For three players, we've had something like £16/17m rejected as opening offers.

Where are we getting this money from? :frantic:

Extra TV money on top of our initial budget.

Eh? That's not with us for another year yet. Do you really see this lot borrowing money from the future after all the slagging off they've done of that idea?

Pardew said the extra money was going to 'arm us' a bit more, a couple days ago. :dontknow:

Yeah, when we have it. I know it's guaranteed income (as long as we don't go down!) but I still don't see us spending more now than we actually have.

Well the money's obviously there - wherever it's come from. It does look like Ashley wants to 'speculate to accumulate' and build on the fantastic season we've just had. For three players, we've had something like £16/17m rejected as opening offers.

Funnily enough not far off our asking price for Ben Arfa.

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule

NUFC have raised their bid for Ld Jong to €12M, FC Twente increased their valuation to €18M, player though has indicated he wants to stay.

dutch reports we have upped the bid to 12 million euros but Twente want 18 million euros !!!

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/4562/Voetbal/article/detail/3274741/2012/06/21/TT-Newcastle-verhoogt-bod-op-De-Jong-Sparta-wil-Buijs.dhtml

Isn't there a quote from Twente saying they want 15 million Euro's.  Which Sky Sports News mistook for £15m, which Dutch media have now translated to 18m Euro's :lol:

I hope so anyway, because we won't be paying 18m Euro's for him, nor should we.

From May 6th:

Twente president Joop Munsterman said: "We want to keep Luuk. He is a vital player if we want to win the championship again next season and when we play in Europe.

"We have said that we won't go lower than £12.5 million as a transfer fee. We need a top price for a top player."

NUFC have raised their bid for Ld Jong to €12M, FC Twente increased their valuation to €18M, player though has indicated he wants to stay.

Fuck off then De Jong. What is it with De Jongs.

:sad:

Gameiro repeat?

Guest BooBoo

I'm loathe to be big headed but moving from Twente to Newcastle is a massive step up. If he's not keen on the move we should leave it alone.

I'm loathe to be big headed but moving from Twente to Newcastle is a massive step up. If he's not keen on the move we should leave it alone.

Especially after the season they just had.

Although if the player is keen to stay because he thinks its too soon for him in his career it is difficult to be critical of that.

Gameiro repeat?

Wasn't there a quote from him saying he would maybe go to Benfica etc, so prob doesn't want to stay

Gameiro repeat?

Maybe he's just being polite or a cunt like Jose Enrique.

Fuck off then De Jong. What is it with De Jongs.

Dem De Jongs  :sweetjesus:

Club in wanting a lot of money for their best player shocker.

:lol:

Good point, well made.

Honestly can't tell whether you're being sarcastic. :lol:

A club can go move the goalposts as much as they want, if the buying club are that keen then they'll match the valuation. Obviously, if the player isn't keen on moving to you in the first place then you should forget about it immediately and move on.

Didn't Ashley keep on raising Carroll's price when Liverpool were frothing all over him?

Maybe, unfortunately for Twente we're not Liverpool.  If they really have increased their asking price from one offer to the next (which sounds insane so I'm not sure its true at all) then we'll walk away tomorrow.

Guest BooBoo

I hope the writer has more credibility than the awful magazine he writes for.

"All hail King Harry!" :facepalm:

Club in wanting a lot of money for their best player shocker.

:lol:

Good point, well made.

Honestly can't tell whether you're being sarcastic. :lol:

A club can go move the goalposts as much as they want, if the buying club are that keen then they'll match the valuation. Obviously, if the player isn't keen on moving to you in the first place then you should forget about it immediately and move on.

Nah I'm not being sarcy.