Douglas

BONTEMPI

Mind if we did sign Douglas we would need to work around him formally having to live in Holland for another month. I wonder if there would be a possibility of him joining us in pre season. We would certainly need to make arrangements with Twente or get a fitness coach over as he's been put back to the reserve team due to returning late, and if rumours are to be believed overweight, from Brazil.

Get him and debuchy in, and we are talking about a better back 4 on paper than every club, bar city.

If we're talking on paper, don't forget about Sunderland.

:laugh:

There's a video on YouTube of him going absolutely Joey Barton.  Is he liable for a red card?

That '3 red cards video'  :lol:. He doesn't even strike one of them. They all just bounce off him. Diving for cover as he strops off. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Get him and debuchy in, and we are talking about a better back 4 on paper than every club, bar city.

Don't be daft.

Colo signed a four year contract, remember.

:lol:. Oh yeah - I forgot about that. The most important signing this clubs made in about 10 years. FFS, read my post.

4 years isn't really the "next few seasons".

If he's as good as many people (including Boro Shteve) would have us believe, I'm surprised Man Utd aren't in for him with the impending decline of Vidic and the already declining Ferdinand.

I know they've got Jones and Smalling but I'd have thought they'd be all over someone like Douglas if he's only £5-£6m.

Colo signed a four year contract, remember.

:lol:. Oh yeah - I forgot about that. The most important signing this clubs made in about 10 years. FFS, read my post.

4 years isn't really the "next few seasons".

It might as well be when we prefer to sell with a year left if they won't renew. See Simpson etc this year.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't be daft.

Its all he has though.

Has anyone actually seen this guy play?

Centre half that scores goals, it was on our remit.

Sell nobody of note and add De Jong, Debauchy And maybe a back-up holding mid and i'd be totally chuffed.

A new central mid is definitely a necessity, along with the other positions. Should other signings bleed us dry, we should sign Carlos Sánchez who's a free agent after he left Valenciennes.

I'll wait for more than two sentences from the Express to get excited about Douglas joining us.

Hmmmmm interesting. We badly need a centre half IMO and a big fuck off one at that but I'm sceptical at buying defenders from the Eredivisie and I've not been that impressed on the couple of times I've watched him.

Alright Dave, vague was the wrong word. It just has no detail in it whatsoever, that makes me doubt its credibility.

I think when articles appear online that are that short, they're just automatic uploads of those 'at a glance' columns that fill space. Hence this having two authors.

I don't even know the Express, but somebody said they have links to Lambiass. What have they been right about before that nobody else knew/reported?

The Express and The Daily Mail seem to be the most 'reliable' when it comes to NUFC Transfer Rumours/News due to undoubted links to the clubs upper echelons.

Even then, there's still no way they get as much from us as they do from other clubs imho.

Both Niall Hickman of The Express and Charles Sale of The Daily Mail have carried direct quotes from Llambias/Ashley in the past that no other newspaper has, that's why they're believed to be a little more accurate.