Douglas

BONTEMPI

Guest bimpy474

London's the best city in the UK, let's be honest. Objectively, by a mile and a half.

I hate it but i'm not objective, i just detest it.

Guest firetotheworks

The first time I went, I absolutely hated it. The second time I went, I went with someone who knew where to go and it was amazing. Cities are like that. I wouldn't expect anyone to love Newcastle if they spent most of their time lost on Newgate Street.

Guest bimpy474

The first time I went, I absolutely hated it. The second time I went, I went with someone who knew where to go and it was amazing. Cities are like that. I wouldn't expect anyone to love Newcastle if they spent most of their time lost on Newgate Street.

I get that, i'm going by my own view on it from spending a fair amount of time there, mainly working.

I just felt and still do that it lacks warmth, just the feelings i get.

Lived in London for two years now. Pretty much really disliked it for the first 6 months due to location. I find that the longer you stay here, the better it becomes. I wish I had more cash and more free time but that's the working/living world. I would happily stay here until I was in my early thirties but then look to get out. Can see it being a massively attractive option to foreigners.

I'm not objective either, by god I hate the place. Full of self-serving, ignorant arseholes with no time of the day for anyone but themselves, who think the country, the continent, the world and the universe revolves around how wet it is in their craphole of a city.

Total shitehole.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not objective either, by god I hate the place. Full of self-serving, ignorant arseholes with no time of the day for anyone but themselves, who think the country, the continent, the world and the universe revolves around how wet it is in their craphole of a city.

Total shitehole.

:snod:

Total shitehole.

Think you're pushing it a bit there. London is a lot like anywhere else. It's the busyness and the size that make it a difficult place to live but there are large areas which are beautiful with people who are very much the same as in Newcastle/Edinburgh (the only other two places I've lived). The tube is ugly and around Bank you'll find a lot of twats but if you can handle a fast pace then it can be a really exciting place to live.

I love the countryside however and would love to live in a rural spot later on in life

Total shitehole.

Think you're pushing it a bit there. London is a lot like anywhere else. It's the busyness and the size that make it a difficult place to live but there are large areas which are beautiful with people who are very much the same as in Newcastle/Edinburgh (the only other two places I've lived). The tube is ugly and around Bank you'll find a lot of twats but if you can handle a fast pace then it can be a really exciting place to live.

I love the countryside however and would love to live in a rural spot later on in life

:okay:

only for 2 more weeks :)

Total shitehole.

In fairness it's probably the media shoving their London-centric bullshit onto the rest of country causing so much animosity.

Hate the fucking place.

Can't stand the people, attitude, filth and hype around the place.

Been a fair few times now (twice on my own accord the rest through various jobs) and would quite happily never ever return.

:okay:

Not everyone mind.  Just the majority of people I've had the displeasure of meeting/bumping into whilst down there. 

Guest bimpy474

Not my favourite place either but it's bonkers to even suggest that it's not a massive attraction for footballers, particularly foreigners.

We weren't suggesting that mate, it was more that Newcastle now has a lot to attract players too.

Yes I agree we need another quality CB but from a number of reports I have read this guy seems like a complete spanner . If he chooses Fulham and Londinium over us this will be proof enough.

Just saying that if he is likely to be a disruptive influence do we still want him !

What makes you think Douglas would be a disruptive influence? The only dodgy incident people keep referring to when it comes to his mental state was when he went berserk after being sent off when the opposition player dived.

Basically Pepe then, sign him up you can never have enough c*nts.

Not sure how people who don't like London manage to meet these horrifically unpleasant people.  Maybe I am just used to it (or indeed one of those unpleasant people) but I can't say I have seen much evidence of this phenomenon.

London's like being in another country for me, you could be in any major European city as there's that many foreign voices.  I even inadvertently started the looking the wrong way when crossing the road, my subconscious thought I was abroad.  :idiot2:  ;)