Douglas

BONTEMPI

Lived in London now for almost 5 years and really enjoyed the place. I'll probably look to leave next year but that's only to get on the housing ladder, if it wasn't for that I'd happily stay here for the long term.

With regards to Newcastle and London there's no comparison about where you go if all things were equal as Newcastle isn't in the same league as a place to live if you were on a footballer's salary. Saying that as a footballer football should come first and we are way above Fulham as a football club, I'd much rather play for club where you get the third largest crowd in the country and the potential to be a very successful. Indeed the only two clubs I'd sign for ahead of Newcastle if there were some London clubs in for me would be Arsenal and Spurs (I wouldn't go to Chelsea).

I'm from London and live here but born and lived in Newcastle too. London is amazing, but nowhere near as good as people make out. I've been to at least 5 cities which are better outside the UK. Newcastle is smaller and has a bit less to do, but just has this charm, buzz and civic pride that London doesn't. I'd live up there if it made any sense from a career standpoint.

I now live in Newcastle but am originally from Birmingham and also have family in London, and Newcastle is by far my favourite city of those 3. London is just an urban mess as far as I'm concerned and is just too busy and too overwhelming. Obviously some people like that, but I hate it and can barely spend a day there. Newcastle has small enough to feel small but big enough to have everything you could need, I can see footballers wanting to be here, especially when they are young.

Some people wants to live in a big city and some don´t. Here in Sweden Stockholm is big a large distance the biggest city. Still I wouldn´t want to live there.

Sure if you have a lot of money you could do a lot of things in a big city. But first of all you are there to play football. Second of all you could always travel there...

It should really be a bad place if I would choose club based of the city :lol: From my point of view it should always be about the team and club.

Some people wants to live in a big city and some don´t. Here in Sweden Stockholm is big a large distance the biggest city. Still I wouldn´t want to live there.

Sure if you have a lot of money you could do a lot of things in a big city. But first of all you are there to play football. Second of all you could always travel there...

It should really be a bad place if I would choose club based of the city :lol: From my point of view it should always be about the team and club.

Stockholm is a class city, absolutely love the way it's laid out. Favourite city after Edinburgh. In fairness, Newcastle is obviously a pretty attractive option to footballers as over the years we've attracted exceptionally good players. I think Newcastle is a much nicer city than Manchester and they don't seem to have too many problems picking up players

:lol: Stockholm is the only big city in Sweden. One of the best cities in the world according to some recent poll by Forbes or TIME and rightly so. Absolutley love living here. Would be a massive draw for big players if our footballing climate and league regulations weren't so fucked up.

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage

Seems #NUFC are going to have to be fast if they want Douglas. VI reporting fee agreed with Fulham and his agent has reportedly flown over.

:angry:

For the reported fee we really should be in here.

I reckon Pardew has told the board he has other priorities though.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/226517/Transfer-van-Douglas-naar-Fulham-nadert-voltooiing.htm

Transfer from Douglas to Fulham nears completion

21/08/2012 13:04

Fulham has made a concrete move to take Douglas from FC Twente. The London club coached by Martin Jol expects to finalize the transfer soon.

FC Twente and Fulham have agreed a fee in a lump sum payment for the defender. The Brazilian naturalized Dutch citizen will move to Craven Cottage for 5.5 million euro, if the transfer is settled.

Douglas' agent is in London to discuss personal terms with Fulham. Unless Newcastle United acts quickly, then the transfer to Fulham will be rapidly concluded.

Pending a transfer Douglas will play for FC Twente against Bursaspor on Thursday. The match in Turkey is the first leg in the play-offs for the Europa League.

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage

Seems #NUFC are going to have to be fast if they want Douglas. VI reporting fee agreed with Fulham and his agent has reportedly flown over.

:angry:

For the reported fee we really should be in here.

I reckon Pardew has told the board he has other priorities though.

Judging by the last few pages on this thread no one is listening anymore... :undecided:

Guest BooBoo

And then there were two.

Carroll and/or Debuchy. Really can't see us being in for anyone else now.

Risky policy by the club.

Just watch, we miss out on him now, and transfer window close.

Taylor breaks down, Perchinho lose confidence and Colo buys a farm on the pampas back in Argentina. Doing Cattle YO!

Just watch this unfold!  :lol:

Most of our backup players seem to be backups for a number of roles. It's a risky strategy.

Anita can't cover at fullback if he's needed in midfield, etc.

Just watch, we miss out on him now, and transfer window close.

Taylor breaks down, Perchinho lose confidence and Colo buys a farm on the pampas back in Argentina. Doing Cattle YO!

Just watch this unfold!  :lol:

Most of our backup players seem to be backups for a number of roles. It's a risky strategy.

Anita can't cover at fullback if he's needed in midfield, etc.

I agree, we need more cover.

But we are not going to bid for him i think, so i can not wait for us playing Danny and Perchinho in centrally again.