Douglas

BONTEMPI

Basically:

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule

Not wanting a repeat of last year, Douglas given until Tuesday to decide future: Twente or leave, ruled out a move to Fulham. [tc tubantia]

10:58 PM - 26 Aug 12

Glad to see the lads got some sense.  Fulham are no bigger a club than Crystal Palace.

Guest Realist

After nuclear armageddon only two things will remain: the cockroach and the myth of Steven Taylor as a right back. 

Would still hate to see Taylor get dropped.

I would too, but it's more of the fact that he's a local lad and a player I have a soft spot for rather than his football ability. He could prove to be worse ability-wise than Douglas. Still, he'd be the only Englishman left if we plan to get a new RB as well, let alone be the only Geordie. Also, I'd naturally be in favor of giving him a chance to show what he can do after injury hit him like always last year.

I'd only drop him if Douglas shows signs of having ability better than Taylor or equal/better than Colo tbh.

EDIT: About the right back myths, I'd keep him as far as possible from RB imo. Even if he's good defensively, he's just never built up to be a natural RB. He won't have the pace and fullback attacking ability even if he tries. (See Everton home game 2 seasons ago when he had to go RWB due to our injuries)

That makes no sense. Taylor should be dropped if Douglas signs and shows signs of better ability than TAYLOR not COLO. Wtf?

Sorry, forgot to put Tayls there, my bad. :blush:

Oh, and I meant Tayls should be dropped if he's better than Tayls and/or is equally as good as or better than Colo. Made that more confusing that I should have, I feel. :lol: :blush:

Let's put it this way. I would accept to drop Tayls if this was the order of ability:

1. Douglas 2. Colo 3. Taylor

1. Colo = Douglas 2. Taylor

1. Colo 2. Douglas 3. Taylor

But if it's 1. Colo 2. Taylor = Douglas or worse, I wouldn't drop him. :lol:

Don't believe for a second we are after this guy. We stopped looking for a centre back weeks ago.

Seems like an excessive amount of certainty to be attaching to a statement that's surely 100% conjecture.

Basically Douglas is happy to stay and Twente might need to keep him anyway due to an injury to their other key defender... Seems like our interest is because we could loose Colo... Ruiz didn't want to leave last year but when he did he choose Fulham over us despite us having a helicopter ready if he changed his mind in the 11th hour...

CB hierarchy

1. Colo

2. Douglas

3. Saylor

4. Perchinho

5. Williamson

Would we sell Williamson?

Pretty much an insult to Taylor hoying Douglas in ahead of him without kicking a ball in this league.

CB hierarchy

1. Colo

2. Douglas

3. Saylor

4. Perchinho

5. Williamson

Pretty much an insult to Taylor hoying Douglas in ahead of him without kicking a ball in this league.

Find it more of an insult that he worked so hard to come back from injury only to be dropped when we're on the best of times we've been in years.

How's that any more of an insult than say, Cabaye for Guthrie, Cisse for Best?

The difference in class is at least clear, even for them. Taylor is widely accepted to be a starter and it will be very gutting for him to be dropped, imo.

CB hierarchy

1. Colo

2. Douglas

3. Saylor

4. Perchinho

5. Williamson

I couldn't care less, if he's better than Taylor play it improves us as a team. If he isn't we have a more than capable squad player.