Douglas

BONTEMPI

Not being aware of a player should never be an excuse, Carr finds the players (ie being aware if them in the first place) - he's the scout. Once he's identified them managers, DOFs dinner ladies can find out what they need pretty fucking easily.

Nearly all clubs use http://wyscout.com/ which will put together every available bit of footage on what ever player you want (like a better version of YouTube lol) Newcastle use this as they are listed in the client list so all old Joe needs to do if go to a computer and type in Douglas and he can find whatever he wants on whoever he wants.

If we are really turning down Douglas on a free to pursue James Tomkins, we want shot.

Interesting site that

if douglas was due to fly in and it was cancelled less than 24 hrs beforehand, surley we would have heard something from his agents, his club or even the player himself rather than just guesswork in the press and no quotes at all - even from an "insider".

nowt even in the dutch press.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think I would trust Carr with my life.

He's a scout not your GP. :lol:

''He died....not sure what was up but his ball control needed some work and he should have kept his head up more...sorry''

Guest Geordiesned

Bet only about 1% of people angry about withdrawing the interest in Douglas have seen him play.

Quite possibly but the anger is not really about who the player is but that an incoherent arsehole has come in and is wielding power from day one, undermining both the manager and the chief scout.

I think I would trust Carr with my life.

I'd also trust his son with my wife.

Proper pillars of society.

Take a bow :lol:

Bet only about 1% of people angry about withdrawing the interest in Douglas have seen him play.

Its not about that, its the principle of it.

We have scouted this player for seemingly years now and Carr, Pardew etc etc seem to think he's good enough.

Now this drunk idiot comes in and decides to end any deal because he doesn't know him and thinks James Collins will be better or some shit.

I don't like the precedent it sets and how powerful he seems to be.

We have scouted this player for seemingly years now and Carr, Pardew etc etc seem to think he's good enough.

Now this drunk idiot comes in and decides to end any deal because he doesn't know him and thinks James Collins will be better or some shit.

Assuming it's true. It might all be speculation and journalistic licence.

Guest bimpy474

Assuming it's true. It might all be speculation and journalistic licence.

I was wondering that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-chief-scout-graham-4694363

Meanwhile, sources in Holland say that departing FC Twente defender Douglas is “devastated” that his move to Newcastle has collapsed this week.

Douglas was set to sign for the Magpies but negotiations broke down between United and the player’s representatives.

The Magpies may even resist the temptation to bring in a centre-back altogether given that Fabricio Coloccini is staying, with Steven Taylor, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Mike Williamson all providing competition for places.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-chief-scout-graham-4694363

Meanwhile, sources in Holland say that departing FC Twente defender Douglas is “devastated” that his move to Newcastle has collapsed this week.

Douglas was set to sign for the Magpies but negotiations broke down between United and the player’s representatives.

The Magpies may even resist the temptation to bring in a centre-back altogether given that Fabricio Coloccini is staying, with Steven Taylor, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Mike Williamson all providing competition for places.

Hope this is made-up. I thought we were getting rid of Williamson? Need another CB imo as Taylor will no doubt get injured as he normally does.

Guest antz1uk

Hope this is made-up. I thought we were getting rid of Williamson? Need another CB imo as Taylor will no doubt get injured as he normally does.

According to the rumours over the last year he's had 2 windows to join us, can't be that devastated, press making stuff up as they know not as usual, this time they have a scapegoat, they will be using us to get to kinnear and vice versa, don't begin to think anything they do or say will be because they've got the best intentions of nufc at heart, just makes their life easier to write headlines and make up more lies

no quotes. you would have that his agent(s) would have had plenty to say.

This.

something about the douglas story just doesn't ring true. even if Kinnear hadn't heard of him, you would have thought out of respect for carr he would listened to why he thought he would be perfect for us, and he would have watched a few dvd's......then again it is JFK we're talking about. Ashley loves his free transfers.

This.

something about the douglas story just doesn't ring true. even if Kinnear hadn't heard of him, you would have thought out of respect for carr he would listened to why he thought he would be perfect for us, and he would have watched a few dvd's......then again it is JFK we're talking about. Ashley loves his free transfers.

Logic went out of the window the moment Kinnear Ashley came here.

This.

Just seems like it's open season for negative speculation and believing the worst at the moment, understandably. Although I think Kinnear is a fruitloop, it would seem strange that from day zero he has the power to stop deals that have been in the pipeline for a while. That wouldn't seem to tally with Ashley's trust in Graham Carr.

Saying that, it's impossible to be sure that he wouldn't just do it for the sake of it, or to prove he's the main man.