Douglas

BONTEMPI

Guest Phil K

.....it's impossible to be sure that he wouldn't just do it for the sake of it, or to prove he's the main man.

I think it's more than possible. It's pretty likely the case

The man's a fool. He's blundered in, insulted fans, lied and exaggerated to an extent so laughable, even the normal NUFC haters have been sympathetic to we fans, and even SIDING with us (which is a first) so yes, I would think its something he'd do just to show he has the power to do so, and screw the team

.....it's impossible to be sure that he wouldn't just do it for the sake of it, or to prove he's the main man.

I think it's more than possible. It's pretty likely the case

The man's a fool. He's blundered in, insulted fans, lied and exaggerated to an extent so laughable, even the normal NUFC haters have been sympathetic to we fans, and even SIDING with us (which is a first) so yes, I would think its something he'd do just to show he has the power to do so, and screw the team

I'm not having any of JFK pulled the plug on the Douglas deal. Long term target like that and JFK turns up, advises MA he isn't good enough and the deal is dead. Naaaa. Media bullshit. They know we are down on our knees and they love to kick us at any chance they are given even if we are flat on the ground. Throw in a previous transfer target Tomkins and claim it's JKF who wants him to add some weight to their lazy journalism. Bunch of b******s.

I think Kinnear is spot on with this one. Coloccini is staying, so we have no need for Douglas, considering we've already brought in Yanga-Mbiwa. Better that his wages be spent on a decent striker.

I think Kinnear is spot on with this one. Coloccini is staying, so we have no need for Douglas, considering we've already brought in Yanga-Mbiwa. Better that his wages be spent on a decent striker.

Heh? We need another centre back. Didn't the club say as much, i.e. Centre back and centre forward being priority positions this summer?

Maybe they thought Colo was off then because there isn't a hope in hell we can go into next season without buying 2 wide players and a centre forward. We have 3 good first team centre halves now and a few that could step in.

Heh? We need another centre back. Didn't the club say as much, i.e. Centre back and centre forward being priority positions this summer?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/03/article-1067221-0011F81500000258-698_468x362.jpg

Its gone all quiet on the Willo front, I can see Kinnear loving him. I'm annoyed with the Douglas thing but there are far more urgent targets to eventually get devastated about. We'll just keep Willo as 4th choice and go for strikers/wingers.

Darren Bent :fwap:

We need goals first, score more goals will release pressure on the defense.

It's not just about goals it's about pressing from the front and we don't do that under Pardew so we end up sitting back and inviting more pressure on the defence.

we desperately need to embed some creativity between the midfield and the strikers. That's whats wrong, our total inability to carve out chances. Cisse get's all the flak yet he's so isolated it's easy to see why he snatches at the chances he gets.

That's why the Bent rumour is daft as he's a player in the same mould.

we desperately need to embed some creativity between the midfield and the strikers. That's whats wrong, our total inability to carve out chances. Cisse get's all the flak yet he's so isolated it's easy to see why he snatches at the chances he gets.

Except that his conversion rate of chances is very good unlike Cisse (which is not a criticism per se, he just does miss a canny few)

Totally agree with you, it's the movement of the ball from defence into attack which needs to dramatically improve.

Except that his conversion rate of chances is very good unlike Cisse (which is not a criticism per se, he just does miss a canny few)

Would agree, but to compliment Cisse (whom I still think is a class player) we need to fix the areas that are glaringly suffering. Of course we need another striker, but i'm not sure Bent would come in and not suffer the same sort of struggles Cisse has if things stay the same.

We need goals first, score more goals will release pressure on the defense.

We could buy 5 strikers and we still would struggle to score due to how pardew sets the team up.

Its not as simple as buy goals it never has been and never will be.

Personally I think Cisse's all round game is superior to Bent, his play outside the box is a lot better than some on here give him credit for. Plus he's a lot stronger character as well. If Bent came here he'd probably be depressed and homesick within 6 months because he's a precious twat.

Personally I think Cisse's all round game is superior to Bent, his play outside the box is a lot better than some on here give him credit for. Plus he's a lot stronger character as well. If Bent came here he'd probably be depressed and homesick within 6 months because he's a precious t***.

Disagree. But signing Bent would be a needless sideways step.