The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

£5 on us to get relegated, also hoping that my shit betting record will mean I lose this as well. Can't believe we're at 14/1 though

Madness (the odds, I mean). I got absolutely shite odds (4/1) ages ago.

Leg Selection Odds Result

1 Benfica - Maritimo v Benfica - Match Result 1.61 Open

2 Aston Villa - Aston Villa v Sunderland - Team to Score Goal 4 2.45 Won

Stuck this double on at HT. If Benfica hold on will make up for a shit weekend of betting.

What do people recommend for the £50 bet with bet365?

Was thinking of putting £50 on over 1.5 goals then in-play over 2.5 but not sure if there's an 'easier' way to win money.

Not sure I understand the terms of it?

So if you put a £50 bet on, you get a free £50 bet in play? And if the First £50 loses then you get that refunded?

You have to spend a total of £100. £50 prematch to qualify, then £50 in play. If your in play bet wins you will get no free bet. If it losses they will give you the money back.

What do people recommend for the £50 bet with bet365?

Was thinking of putting £50 on over 1.5 goals then in-play over 2.5 but not sure if there's an 'easier' way to win money.

Seems fair enough, odds on >2.5 goals can't be that good though surely?

Not sure I understand the terms of it?

So if you put a £50 bet on, you get a free £50 bet in play? And if the First £50 loses then you get that refunded?

So basically what some have done in the past, including myself, is to put the £50 pre-match bet on something which is a certainty (or near enough a certainty in betting terms), e.g. > 0.5 goals, so you get that £50 back (with a very small profit); meaning that you can't lose money (if your in-play bet loses your balance will be £100 + a tiny profit, if it wins then happy days).

The 0.5 goals is there mate. 1/80 though. :lol:

I'm thinking BTTS with my pre-match bet. It's far from safe but considering over 1.5 goals is 1/10 there, 4/9 for BTTS seems far better value for not as much risk relatively. Probably shooting myself in the foot, mind.

The 0.5 goals is there mate. 1/80 though. :lol:

I'm thinking BTTS with my pre-match bet. It's far from safe but considering over 1.5 goals is 1/10 there, 4/9 for BTTS seems far better value for not as much risk relatively. Probably shooting myself in the foot, mind.

Damn, couldn't see it earlier.

I thought of that myself Neil but I haven't had that much luck recently so went for the safest option I could. Had visions of a 3-0 Madrid win or 2-0, not that I think it will happen but still don't want to lose £50 on a game I'm looking forward to watching.