Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

So we criticise footballers for being vapid, shallow, preening, playboy millionaires without any sense of reality, then criticise a player for wanting to be near their family. [emoji38]

If it was Man City or Spurs coming in for him instead of us, do you think he'd have the same mindset?

Aye but it wasn't Man City or Spurs in for him. It was us.

I'm being hypothetical :lol:

No way is he choosing West Brom, even for a loan, if it was someone higher up the table than us.

He had a choice. West Brom or Newcastle. West Brom are an established PL club. We aren't. I can see why he'd choose them. Personally I don't believe for a minute we'd have been prepared to pay the loan fee or his 100k a week wages but there you go.

We wouldn't even pay a tenth of that. Point is as it's been said, we're not really at a higher level than a West Brom right now, but if a higher placed club came in with an offer of first team football, he'd go there instead. It's not exactly like he's their Shearer.

So we criticise footballers for being vapid, shallow, preening, playboy millionaires without any sense of reality, then criticise a player for wanting to be near their family. [emoji38]

If it was Man City or Spurs coming in for him instead of us, do you think he'd have the same mindset?

No way is he choosing West Brom, even for a loan, if it was someone higher up the table than us.

He had a choice. West Brom or Newcastle. West Brom are an established PL club. We aren't. I can see why he'd choose them. Personally I don't believe for a minute we'd have been prepared to pay the loan fee or his 100k a week wages but there you go.

Not really. More of a yo-yo club.

Not in the past Decade. They came up with us in 2010 and have been a PL club ever since.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure what point you'd be able to make even if I said he'd move to one of them. It's about pull factors and what's more important to each person.

He's had it in for us since he played at St James's for Bolton. Two guys next to me called him a Chelsea reject when he was over for a throw in. 10mins later he scored, strayed to run to the corner then immediately remembered those two, turned around and ran right over to them giving the chest puff. Only time I've been laughing when conceding a goal :lol:

Not in the past Decade. They came up with us in 2010 and have been a PL club ever since.

Wouldn't say that they're an established PL club and we're not, though. We've played more PL seasons than they have.

Guest firetotheworks

I could go for this if there weren't such a ludicrous discrepancy in the manager he's away to play for. He presumably wants to play in the world cup yet he's chosen Pardew.

He'll know nothing about Pardew in the way that we do though. His only really needs to be somewhere he's guaranteed to start and obviously being close to his family trumps who the manager is.

I could go for this if there weren't such a ludicrous discrepancy in the manager he's away to play for. He presumably wants to play in the world cup yet he's chosen Pardew.

He'll know nothing about Pardew in the way that we do though. His only really needs to be somewhere he's guaranteed to start and obviously being close to his family trumps who the manager is.

Doesn't make it a good decision in football terms mind but I see what you're saying.

I'm not sure what point you'd be able to make even if I said he'd move to one of them. It's about pull factors and what's more important to each person.

If we were even remotely ambitious, he'd have picked us regardless of where his family is and our current league position.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm being hypothetical [emoji38]

Wouldn't say that they're an established PL club and we're not, though. We've played more PL seasons than they have.

So have Villa. We're the joke club in the PL like, everyone knows it.

Guest firetotheworks

If we were even remotely ambitious, he'd have picked us regardless of where his family is and our current league position.

Who knows. It certainly wouldn't have harmed our cause.

I really can't say I'm surprised, family reasons or not.

Rafa aside, we're a fucking shithouse of a club. Without Rafa, we're just another sunderland, a turd floating in the PL waiting to be flushed. Except we won't be lucky enough to last as long as sunderland when Rafa bothers to fuck us off in the summer.

Absolute gob smacked he'd choose West Brom over Newcastle - he'd be guaranteed First team football at Newcastle - can't say that at West Brom.  Clearly no ambition to play regularly more being close to home.

Guest firetotheworks

Absolute gob smacked he'd choose West Brom over Newcastle - he'd be guaranteed First team football at Newcastle - can't say that at West Brom. Clearly no ambition to play regularly more being close to home.

You're kidding. He's one of the best strikers in the league when he's available. Absolutely no doubt that he starts for either team.

This is very worrying. If he's fit for a good bit of the rest of the season he should keep them up. I'd them as one of the certainties to go down.

Its a Pardew team, so it will be pure luck if they stay up.

Literally laughing at all this, Ashley's Newcastle is after all a joke masquerading as a club.

If there was any doubt left in Rafa's mind as to whether there was still something left to salvage, and a realistic project on the horizon, it must surely have evaporated now.

Interestingly, despite the so-called commitment to generating additional commercial revenue, Newcastle United’s accounts in subsequent reporting periods have shown that the club generates ZERO commercial revenue from this deal, as well as from the ever increasing Sports Direct advertisement boarding in and around the stadium, often replacing previously income generating deals to compound matters further. Whether through sheer incompetence or downright malice, Ashley has overseen the structural lowering of the club’s commercial revenue stream (in a period where other clubs have seen their commercial revenue grow substantially) to the benefit of his own company. At the last Sports Direct AGM, Mike Ashley when prompted by journalists declared:

Q: "I’d like to address a question to Mr Ashley, please. I wonder if he could explain the benefits to Sports Direct in its relationship with Newcastle United and Rangers."

Pause of 27 seconds

A: “Other than to say than it's been beneficial to Sports Direct and therefore its shareholders, I don't think it’s appropriate to comment.”

source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/after-five-years-silence-newcastle-4197405

Under Mike Ashley's ownership, Newcastle United is the only Premier League club which has seen its commercial revenue decrease. Even an average growth in this area would have seen us £35m better off every year.

source: https://ashleyout.com/

Finding anyone even partly to blame for the situation at Newcastle United is simply erroneous, the head of the snake is Ashley and always has been.

Sports Directs shareholders should face pressure from our fanbase tbh. Sports Direct is the only way to hurt Ashley.

Someone needs to clear up why Pardew can convince Sturridge to go and sign with him.

And we cant convince him, please explain, im totally bewildered.

Is it down to the fact Caulkin had it all wrong and we were never involved at all.

Why the fucking hell is Rafa not on the phone talking to Sturridge? How come pardew, a loser has the upper hand here. What the hell is it we are doing wrong? Im thinking Rafa doesn't speak, everything goes through Charnley, and thats why nowt gets done.

Someone needs to clear up why Pardew can convince Sturridge to go and sign with him.

And we cant convince him, please explain, im totally bewildered.

Is it down to the fact Caulkin had it all wrong and we were never involved at all.

Why the f***ing hell is Rafa not on the phone talking to Sturridge? How come pardew, a loser has the upper hand here. What the hell is it we are doing wrong? Im thinking Rafa doesn't speak, everything goes through Charnley, and thats why nowt gets done.

He's stated family reasons were a factor