Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

Someone needs to clear up why Pardew can convince Sturridge to go and sign with him.

And we cant convince him, please explain, im totally bewildered.

Is it down to the fact Caulkin had it all wrong and we were never involved at all.

Why the f***ing hell is Rafa not on the phone talking to Sturridge? How come pardew, a loser has the upper hand here. What the hell is it we are doing wrong? Im thinking Rafa doesn't speak, everything goes through Charnley, and thats why nowt gets done.

He's stated family reasons were a factor

Are you or anyone else buying that? Players travel up and down continuously.

I really cant take that as the excuse. Something seems a miss.

Has he genuinely said that, is there a quote anywhere or is it caulkin tweets etc. I would be interested to know if he actually said it was that reason himself.

Truly pissed we couldnt get this sorted. He could even jump in the chopper with Rafa who gets carried to Merseyside and back.

We should not be waiting until the last minute to make serious offers and then we shouldn't be being gazumped by shit clubs like West Brom. The thing is I can sympathise in a way, why go join this basketcase of a club run by a moron, Rafa is the only draw and gotta wonder how long he'll be here. Newcastle should have a massive pull for any striker to join, and yet here we are.

Absolute gob smacked he'd choose West Brom over Newcastle - he'd be guaranteed First team football at Newcastle - can't say that at West Brom. Clearly no ambition to play regularly more being close to home.

You're kidding. He's one of the best strikers in the league when he's available. Absolutely no doubt that he starts for either team.

That's a slight stretch - I'd put him in the top 10.  But back to my point - he's got more competition for his place at West Brom - Jay Rodriguez for example looks like he's finding form.

West Brom have Man City (a) and Chelsea (a) in the next three games and a really difficult final month.

The part in the middle could keep them up though, nervous about that.

Hopefully Sturridge does his groin or hamstring in one of those and misses the good stretch.

Absolute gob smacked he'd choose West Brom over Newcastle - he'd be guaranteed First team football at Newcastle - can't say that at West Brom. Clearly no ambition to play regularly more being close to home.

You're kidding. He's one of the best strikers in the league when he's available. Absolutely no doubt that he starts for either team.

That's a slight stretch - I'd put him in the top 10.  But back to my point - he's got more competition for his place at West Brom - Jay Rodriguez for example looks like he's finding form.

I reckon within top 10 in a 20 team league is fairly inline with "one of the best" tbh. You've got about 70 odd "first team" strikers in the league at a guess.

So he's top 14%. I'd take it. The rest of our crew is top 80% at best. So as you say, WBA certainly are providing more competition for him than we are.

I genuinely think perhaps Mike called Pardew this morning in a panic, because Sturridge actually agreed to join us, and asked him to intervene.

Hey presto, job done, and we lose out on another target.

Another few grand knocked off the gambling debt to Mike.