Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

I f he's chosen playing for Pardew ahead of Rafa or putting the city of Birmingham ahead of Newcastle then the boy has no brains and I'm glad he hasn't come here.  Hope he gets injured quickly and misses most of the season............tosser

Guess what?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/30/rafa-benitezs-newcastle-future-could-rest-transfer-activity/

Sources close to the deal suggest that finance rather than geography was the driving force behind the decision by Birmingham-born Daniel Sturridge to join West Bromwich Albion rather than move on loan to St James' Park, Newcastle having turned their attention to the Liverpool forward after baulking at Feyenoord's £22m asking price for the Denmark international Nicolai Jorgensen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/newcastle-united-transfer-news-rafa-benitez-striker-targets-mike-ashley-latest-a8185916.html

Newcastle missed out on their number one target Nicolai Jorgensen because they would not meet Feyenoord’s £22m asking fee and on Monday their move to sign Daniel Sturridge fell through when West Bromwich Albion, who are believed to have offered the player bonuses, tied up a loan deal with the Liverpool forward for the rest of the season.

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely no doubt that this scumbag he brought in is there to stand in the way of every conceivable transfer at any price. He probably got into trouble when we got Kenedy.

Guess what?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/30/rafa-benitezs-newcastle-future-could-rest-transfer-activity/

Sources close to the deal suggest that finance rather than geography was the driving force behind the decision by Birmingham-born Daniel Sturridge to join West Bromwich Albion rather than move on loan to St James' Park, Newcastle having turned their attention to the Liverpool forward after baulking at Feyenoord's £22m asking price for the Denmark international Nicolai Jorgensen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/newcastle-united-transfer-news-rafa-benitez-striker-targets-mike-ashley-latest-a8185916.html

Newcastle missed out on their number one target Nicolai Jorgensen because they would not meet Feyenoord’s £22m asking fee and on Monday their move to sign Daniel Sturridge fell through when West Bromwich Albion, who are believed to have offered the player bonuses, tied up a loan deal with the Liverpool forward for the rest of the season.

Makes sense

I f he's chosen playing for Pardew ahead of Rafa or putting the city of Birmingham ahead of Newcastle then the boy has no brains and I'm glad he hasn't come here.  Hope he gets injured quickly and misses most of the season............tosser

He's from Birmingham you spaff magnet.

Why the fuck would he come to Newcastle over any other Premier League team outside of being a Dummett or Cockback? The right choice, I hope he resurrects his fading career, great when fit.

Guess what?

I am of no doubt we could/should have offered more.

However, to be fair to this. Sturridge reportedly already said yes to our offer and was happy with what we offered. We wouldn't have known west Brom then offered him more money as the deal was done in our eyes after he agreed it. Doesn't look like we were given a chance to match it as we were expecting him to turn up for a medical when it was announced he was heading to west Brom instead.

Happy putting more hate on the scum that run the club but don't think the hate is as merited here.

Guest firetotheworks

Why the fuck would a player on £100k+ p/w deserve or need a fucking bonus to go on loan for 4 months.

Why would you choose the option where you don't get the bonus? You'd obviously choose the better deal.

Why the f*** would a player on £100k+ p/w deserve or need a f***ing bonus to go on loan for 4 months.

Why would you choose the option where you don't get the bonus? You'd obviously choose the better deal.

I'd argue (through sour grapes) you would let the club you agreed to join know about the better offer to see if they will match it before accepting the better offer and fucking off to the other club.

Albeit that is assuming all that has been reported is true.

Obviously indeed you would pick the extra bonus especially if the playing field and standard was even between the two clubs.

He's from Birmingham you spaff magnet.

:lol:

Guess what?

I am of no doubt we could/should have offered more.

However, to be fair to this. Sturridge reportedly already said yes to our offer and was happy with what we offered. We wouldn't have known west Brom then offered him more money as the deal was done in our eyes after he agreed it. Doesn't look like we were given a chance to match it as we were expecting him to turn up for a medical when it was announced he was heading to west Brom instead.

Happy putting more hate on the scum that run the club but don't think the hate is as merited here.

How are you not way past the stage of giving the idiots in charge here any benefit of the doubt whatsoever? :lol: They do all the bloody time man, it can't always be the fault of the player or the selling club.

Bit torn here because I rate Sturridge as a player but hopefully his legs fall off before he gets chance to kick a ball.

Nothing to be torn about, he's joined a relegation rival and a cunt of a manager. Our survival might depend on that leg falling off so let the injuries commence.

It's all worked out man. Slimani was Rafa's original choice anyway. Blessing in disguise.

I for one am quite relieved we won't have to witness that silly dance even a couple of times, before he gets injured.

It's all worked out man. Slimani was Rafa's original choice anyway. Blessing in disguise.

I for one am quite relieved we won't have to witness that silly dance even a couple of times, before he gets injured.

:thup: here’s hoping we don’t even see it on highlights.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sturridge when fit is one of those type of players who even when not playing well can pop up with a goal out of nothing. I rate him highly and would have loved him here, but an LFC supporting mate of mine reckons he’s mentally very weak, dubiously religious (his words) and comes up with phantom injuries at times that baffle club medics, coaches and manager. He did say on his day he’s easily their best player, but there is just something wrong with him mentally and physically. He also said he wouldn’t be a good fit for us due to Rafa’s methods and how he wants a striker to play. Similar to Klopp who wants players to press, it’s just not his game s he plays on the fringes of things. Fuck knows, all I know is he would have been a real coup, would score goals if fit and would also lift the crowd.