The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

We so dodged a bullet with Gervinho.

was probably their best player today to be fair. if anyone was going to score, he was. Giroud missed an absolute sitter, and generally looked a bit rusty. may well improve as he settles, but a very poor debut.

Was the best of a bad bunch...but I thought he was shite and missed his own fair share of sitters. I think he's an awful player.

He was terrible - yes he beat a few players with tricks and created space/openings but without fail he fucked up every single time. was cringeworthy to watch. I guess it's better than Podolski's showing though. Cazorla was their best player.

Suarez, so, so wasteful today apparently. The guy's a joker.

Thought he was just unlucky a lot of the time last year, but it looks like he's the kind of player that wastes a lot of chances.

Thought he was just unlucky a lot of the time last year, but it looks like he's the kind of player that wastes a lot of chances.

His finishing and final ball are consistently pretty poor. Not up to the same standard as his general play.

From what I read about Michu when he signed it seemed like a steal. Today confirmed it.

His finishing and final ball are consistently pretty poor. Not up to the same standard as his general play.

From what I read about Michu when he signed it seemed like a steal. Today confirmed it.

Suarez creates havoc with his skill but havoc alone doesn't win you games.

He missed a header second half that would have had them foaming at the mouth had Carroll missed it.

I was looking through all the transfers so far last night and thought Norwich looked very vulnerable. Think Chris might be in for a very tough year with them. Still will be nice when he returns to st.james'. Hope he gets a cracking reception.

How much was Michu? Already making Joe Allen look bad.

This is so unreal. Still can't get my head round the liverpool score.

Have you seen they're next few games? Jesus ... pressure cranked right up already!

I don't mean to nitpick but Michu is more Sigurdsson's replacement :pow:

De Guzman is more Allen's replacement.

Still very good signings, i actually think Laudrup is a much better manager than Rodgers and that's based over his career not just today.

And he plays attractive free-flowing football, not that turgid backwards and sideways defensive shit that Rodgers swears by.