The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

GOAL - Norwich 0-1 Manchester City - Edin Dzeko

Manchester City have set their stall out early at Carrow Road. Sergio Aguero floats a ball from right to left for Carlos Tevez to cushion a pass into the path of Edin Dzeko. the big striker makes no mistake with a neat side-foot finish. Superb goal.

BBC logic - isn't he on the bench?

I think he went down easily but if Hatem is bursting into the box like that and gets caught on the back of his knee I'm wanting a penalty.

This.

It's a soft one and he could definitely have stayed on his feet but it's a pen imo. I think he's going down regardless but the arm across the chest and the clip on his knee is enough, in this day and age, to warrant a pen.

Guest bimpy474

I think he went down easily but if Hatem is bursting into the box like that and gets caught on the back of his knee I'm wanting a penalty.

This.

It's a soft one and he could definitely have stayed on his feet but it's a pen imo. I think he's going down regardless but the arm across the chest and the clip on his knee is enough, in this day and age, to warrant a pen.

and here's the clinker......true and so so wrong thanks to cheats and FIFA.

Bale's right leg gets touched on the way up. His next step is with his left foot, but instead of putting it down onto the ground he pulls it from under himself and falls. How's that happen, if not a dive? I can't believe for one second that he couldn't carry on running, albeit off balance for half a second. If the contact is enough to constitute a foul then the ref should give it anyway, you shouldn't have to be on the floor to get a freekick/penalty.

Pointing to his pace is becoming a cliché btw, someone like Messi can dribble just as fast as Bale and doesn't jump over anywhere near as much.