Cardiff City 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/08/12

Guest BooBoo

I think more annoying than the knee jerkers are the "don't worry about a thing, it'll be all right on the night" gang.

That's probably because you are one of the knee jerkers though.

:lol:

Am I bollocks man, ive been dissatisfied all summer. Today's just underlined what I've felt all pre season tbh.

What did you expect though?

It was always going to be a case of either selling our best players and signing replacements or keeping hold of them and spending fuck all.

Ambition's not in Ashley's vocabulary, which is why is boggles my mind when I see people last season saying stuff along the lines of "all is forgiven" and the media poking fun at how "wrong" we were. It's always give with one hand and take away with the other and always will be until we get shot of him.

I'm reasonably happy with this summer because I've long come to accept how much of an utter cunt the man is.

What was it: "we need to rename our stadium to compete with the teams at the top"? Fat wank.

Things could be a hell of a lot worse.

I don't think Ashley is as clear cut as people think either (for or against), the signing of Cisse threw me tbh. No doubt there will be the 'bought to sell on for a profit camp' but we still have never done that iirc and with Ba scoring for fun before his signing we weren't exactly desperate for a goalscorer which we were a year before.

I never know where I am with Ashley but I was surprised when we spent so much on Cisse in January.  Yeah, we had a lot of the Carroll money left but we were going well in the league and I presumed he'd be happy for us to consolidate at best, much like the previous January when he sold Carroll without a decent replacement.  To give a bit of balance we did take a massive risk in one position (centre half) and I still massively believe we were lucky to get away with that.  Would have been disastrous if Coloccini got injured / Williamson continued with his crisis of confidence.  We even had Perch emerging at that point, which just shows everything seemed to be going right.

Touch wood, I can't see us making any big sales and can see us bringing one or two in.  It's not as ambitious as I'd like but considering the rubbish we've been watching for most of the last decade it's not exactly that depressing.  If we sign nobody at all though then it will feel like a missed opportunity and will probably work out that way.

Ashleys tactics are working for our club, by this point you have to accept much of our side & recent success exists due to him & everything he has put in place. Its laughable to have a go at him as if hes holding us back  :lol: