Cardiff City 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/08/12

Guest BooBoo

We're off the back of a great season, back in Europe, have a likeable group of players and a fair amount of quality. We're also pretty sound financially it seems. Most teams in the country would love to be in our position.

Not sure I can be arsed to get into the tedium of Ashley bashing/debate again, whether I like the bloke or not.

We're off the back of a great season, back in Europe, have a likeable group of players and a fair amount of quality. We're also pretty sound financially it seems. Most teams in the country would love to be in our position.

Not sure I can be arsed to get into the tedium of Ashley bashing again, whether I like the bloke or not.

Couldn't agree more

Pardew inferring that the other squad members are unhappy that the "other 4" aren't doing as much work as they are maybe?

On the Ashley subject, I've loved the club/team more in the last few years than I have in probably a decade. The few complaints I may have are hugely offset by the positives. Some people will just never be happy, it seems.

Jesus it's pre-season for fuck's sake, everyone calm down.

Last season's pre-season results: 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses.

This season's pre-season results: 3 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses.

Relevance to anything whatsoever: negligible.

Or are people just taking the chance to engage in their favourite sport of slagging the club off now in the fear of not having much chance to do it during the actual season?

The general level of pessimism on here is hugely excessive given the season we've just had. Don't get me wrong, I'm not proposing to go on TV and tell everyone that we're gonna win da league!!11 but can't we find somewhere in between that's a bit more rational, please? Yes it's unlikely that it'll be as good as last season, but hopefully we'll manage to establish ourselves somewhere near the top, have a few good European nights, perhaps a bit of a cup run and won't end up being one-season-wonders. Yes we could do with a couple of signings to give us a bit of a lift and improve the squad in the areas it's currently a bit weak in, but we've lost no-one of note and this is the squad that finished 5th last season remember, they're hardly shit! The way some people are going on you'd think we were in danger of going down. :lol:

Anyway, it's dawned on me that I've just wasted a couple of minutes of my life typing this, as it's not going to make any difference to anything whatsoever. I'm just going to look forward to the new season in the hope that it can be anywhere near as good as last time and trying to remember not to let myself get involved in most of the football threads on here. Here's to a great season that even the miserablists can enjoy - although they probably wouldn't admit it. ;)

The general level of pessimism on here is hugely excessive given the season we've just had.

Disagree, think the vast majority are being pretty chirpy, realistic and levelheaded at this point.

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it. Like I said I try not to get involved in a lot of the footy threads, so I'm basing my opinion largely on the transfer ones, but there's a huge amount of pessimism in there, maybe not the majority of posters, but a lot of the posts are negative and after last season that's astounding.

Does anyone think he's not playing Cisse, Ba & HBA due to Ramadan then? Surely must be the main reason behind them not playing. Not sure about Cabaye, he ain't had long off since the Euros so guess he must be sharp enough?

I mentioned the exact same thing in this thread when the teams were announced... I think they could be on a different fitness program due to them fasting until 19th Aug...

Guest neesy111

Does anyone think he's not playing Cisse, Ba & HBA due to Ramadan then? Surely must be the main reason behind them not playing. Not sure about Cabaye, he ain't had long off since the Euros so guess he must be sharp enough?

I mentioned the exact same thing in this thread when the teams were announced... I think they could be on a different fitness program due to them fasting until 19th Aug...

But Cheik is on Ramadan as well and he's been playing though ???

To be fair to Pardew I think he's very honest with his interviews in terms of performance. I don't remember too often when he says we played well when we don't.

I like Pardew and he's bought himself a lot of time imo,  but his crack in the press after our 'performance' at Anfield last season was so infuriating. We controlled the game, remember.

But Cheik is on Ramadan as well and he's been playing though ???

Is he? I didn't realise... Anyway i'm not totally convinced myself thats the reason for the non-appearances was just putting it out there as a possibility...

Jesus it's pre-season for fuck's sake, everyone calm down.

This, basically.

As long as we get a few wins then there's nowt to worry about. It's all about fitness.

Jesus it's pre-season for f***'s sake, everyone calm down.

This, basically.

As long as we get a few wins then there's nowt to worry about. It's all about fitness.

Yeah, because it´s only to start to play when it matters.

Went to this. We conceded 3 crap goals and in the first half just looked disjointed and disinterested. For at least 2 of their goals the defence appeared to not even be trying and everyone seemed prone to little bouts of stupidity. Our match day focus against spurs will be far better and we will have a more cohesive midfield unit as well as an actual outlet and goal threat in the form of real strikers. Disappointing scoreline but hardly the end of the world.

Just seen the goals. Williamson's a joke, man. Beaten over the top yet again and outmuscled by a guy maybe half his size soaking wet on his birthday. Fucking pathetic, and God help us if Colo gets injured because he's only going to get worse.