Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

Fitness permitting (which is the question mark with this lad) Huddlestone has the potential to be Spurs' Y.Toure. At times he's looked like the complete midfield package.

If you were to compile a list of the countrie's biggest unfulfilled talents (of the current generation), Huddlestone comes close to topping that list imo.

Fitness permitting (which is the question mark with this lad) Huddlestone has the potential to be Spurs' Y.Toure. At times he's looked like the complete midfield package.

If you were to compile a list of the countrie's biggest unfulfilled talents (of the current generation), Huddlestone comes close to topping that list imo.

I know that injuries have massively curtailed his career but I view Huddlestone as having a bullet shot from range and good at hold-up/break-up play. I really don't think he has the link-up play, consistency, strength or technical ability of Yaya and never will.

I hope he manages to stay fit for long periods this season as I've always liked him but he'll never be close to the complete player Yaya is

I always love coming out of the concourse and seeing the immaculate pitch for the first time of the season, so green it nearly blinds you and looking in awe at the amazing stadium after not being in for a few months.

I'm glad I didn't go to watch the Olympic football at SJP as this moment would have been spoiled.

I always love coming out of the concourse and seeing the immaculate pitch for the first time of the season, so green it nearly blinds you and looking in awe at the amazing stadium after not being in for a few months.

I'm glad I didn't go to watch the Olympic football at SJP as this moment would have been spoiled.

All that red and blue. :smitten:

Guest hydeous

Almost there. Less than a hundred hours now!

Saw both Ba and Cisse as 'doubtful' on my fantasy team and freaked out. I do wish we'd have a fully fit team at the start of the season. This injury malarky is painful!

Fitness permitting (which is the question mark with this lad) Huddlestone has(d) the potential to be Spurs' Y.Toure. At times he's looked like the complete midfield package.

I know that injuries have massively curtailed his career but I view Huddlestone as having a bullet shot from range and good at hold-up/break-up play. I really don't think he has the link-up play, consistency, strength or technical ability of Yaya and never will.

I hope he manages to stay fit for long periods this season as I've always liked him but he'll never be close to the complete player Yaya is

Sly edit on my part, a better fit considering the stage of his career now. Unless Huddlestone strikes an injury free period, and breaks out as a late-bloomer.

As a learning experience though the first two factors (link-up play, consistency) would have improved courtesy of more game-time, when surrounded by top ball-players of Modric's calibre. As it stands Huddlestone's development years have been dominated by time spent in the physio room.

Almost there. Less than a hundred hours now!

Saw both Ba and Cisse as 'doubtful' on my fantasy team and freaked out. I do wish we'd have a fully fit team at the start of the season. This injury malarky is painful!

Pards has already said Cisse is going to be fine.