bowlingcrofty

Guest andrew

parker is injured I think, at a guess

Friedel

Walker    kaboul        vertonghen Assou-Ekoto

Livermore    Sandro

vdv                Sigursson                      Bale

Defoe

With Kaboul being still somewhat of a liability and Vertonghen being new blood there is probably scope to play fairly direct. Fairly soft centre too, going to be dangerous down the wings though. Especially if the worlds worst ever full back who makes my eyes and nose bleed piss everytime I see him is playing.

It's clear that we're not yet ready, but which side completely is for their first game?

Exactly, people love to have a go at NUFC staff for the 'wrong' preparations to the new season but it is very difficult this season for a number of reasons. People just need to chill the fuck out.

Poor Jonas. With Anita arriving, Marveaux fit and firing and Obertan single-handedly annihilating Hartlepool he doesn't have a hope in hell of getting a game.

We'll see, I think he'll be starting the majority of games.

Likewise. I think he'll still be first choice regardless of whether we get Anita over the line (and play 433/4231). No issues with that either.

If it's ever 442 i'm coming round to the idea of it being Marveaux ahead of him. I can see him having a more consistent end product, plus his first touch is better.

Poor Jonas. With Anita arriving, Marveaux fit and firing and Obertan single-handedly annihilating Hartlepool he doesn't have a hope in hell of getting a game.

still think and HOPE (coz i really like jonas) that he will be involved alot. probably off the bench...getting hard to see him as a starting player when everybody is fit. but he offers so much both defensive and attacking.

Should get alot of time on the pitch.

Anyone think we might play Jonas at full back more often if we've got 2 defensive midfielders to cover the defence?

Krul/Santon-Taylor-Coloccini-Jonas/Anita-Tiote-Cabaye/Ben Arfa-Cisse-Ba looks pretty tasty to me.

Hopefully not against anyone with good wingers e.g. Bottingham Botspurs.

Anyone think we might play Jonas at full back more often if we've got 2 defensive midfielders to cover the defence?

Krul/Santon-Taylor-Coloccini-Jonas/Anita-Tiote-Cabaye/Ben Arfa-Cisse-Ba looks pretty tasty to me.

:thup: like the look of that. It's different, but not quite Skirge different.

If we don't get Debuchy then that'd be our best bet imo.

So people reckon Jonas is a better full back than Simpson? I'm not sure myself.

Don't really think so either, Jonas looked poor in that position against Liverpool even though we won comfortably, although he's mile better technically.

I'm pretty confident we will get a fullback in before the deadline anyways, Debuchy or not.

Quite like the idea at home against shite teams that come and park the bus but don't like the idea against the better teams.