Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

I'll be there, can't remember the last time I made the first game of a season.

Psyched but worried since the thrashing they gave at their place last season. Can hope they will be unsure of their approach where we'll be comfortable and well drilled.

I'll be there, can't remember the last time I made the first game of a season.

Psyched but worried since the thrashing they gave at their place last season. Can hope they will be unsure of their approach where we'll be comfortable and well drilled.

I think without Modric and Ade they are a different animal. Still going to be a tough game mind and a lot will depend on who we have out. But if we are only missing Tiote I fancy us to have a decent shot at beating them.

Haven't got a clue who's went where this pre season but did they not pick up Adebayor in the end?

don't think so.

Bonus, fully expected him to be in their starting line-up. Who do they have forwards wise?

Haven't got a clue who's went where this pre season but did they not pick up Adebayor in the end?

don't think so.

Bonus, fully expected him to be in their starting line-up. Who do they have forwards wise?

defoe and AVB was saying the other day he'd have no worries sticking in harry kane (19yr old)

Forecast for some hot weather on Saturday  :cool:

Excellent. Loads of black and white shirts all over the ground always looks quality.

Getting really excited for this now, confident of a good start.

Can't be arsed to look back through the thread, but has anyone heard anything about injuries? Last I heard, Ben Arfa is definitely out and Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba and Coloccini are doubtful  :scared:

Ben Arfa is out. The rest will be fit. Think Pards had a little slip at the talk in when he was talking about how 'Cheik will probably get booked after 12 minutes'.

Can't be arsed to look back through the thread, but has anyone heard anything about injuries? Last I heard, Ben Arfa is definitely out and Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba and Coloccini are doubtful  :scared:

Ben Arfa is out. The rest will be fit. Think Pards had a little slip at the talk in when he was talking about how 'Cheik will probably get booked after 12 minutes'.

I hope you're right about that. Aslong as we replace Hatem with Marveaux and NOT Obertan we should still line up very strongly.

Thought Ben Arfa was just doubtful? oh well i'm confident Marveaux will come in and do well anyway and good news about Tiote.

How long is Ben Arfa out for? Or is it just a fitness issue?

I hope you're right about that. Aslong as we replace Hatem with Marveaux and NOT Obertan we should still line up very strongly.

Yo Cabs and Ba are confirmed fit apparently: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,76535.msg3863593.html#msg3863593

Thought Ben Arfa was just doubtful? oh well i'm confident Marveaux will come in and do well anyway and good news about Tiote.

Pardew said he would miss this game with a knee problem I'm sure.

I think Ben Arfa will be on the bench. It must be hard for him (and others) to catch up with everyone especially during ramadan, thank Christ its over on Sunday.

I think it will be:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Santon

Anita

Cabaye              Jonas

Cisse      Ba        Marveux