Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

Is sandro going to be put straight in after Olympics since they are short of players? Not really bothered like, overated.

He's in the squad according to Daily Mail. And no, he's not overrated.

sandro is underrated if anything, his injuries have slowed him down but he is an excellent player

Is sandro going to be put straight in after Olympics since they are short of players? Not really bothered like, overated.

He's in the squad according to Daily Mail. And no, he's not overrated.

Wait till we run rings around him. Gets skinned then just fouls the man when he's past him. Can't tackle.

Mehdi Abeid, Jak Alnwick, Gael Bigirimana, Adam Campbell, Curtis Good, JJ Hooper, Bradden Inman, Marcus Maddison, Jonathan Mitchell, Yven Moyo, Conor Newton, Alex Nicholson, Michael Richardson, Lubo Satka, James Tavernier, Haris Vuckic

That's the reserve squad who are playing tomorrow so none of them will be involved in the senior squad.

This new league is all well and good but the games should never be on the same day as a first team game.

its good for the clubs though,  we are playing Spurs at U18, reserve and 1st team 2moro,  they can all come on one plane instead of making 3 long trips over the season.

I think the reserve leagues should contain the same teams as the first team and play the same day as the main game in the same stadium as pre-main match entertainment... Gets the players used to playing in bigger venues in front of bigger crowds... Fans get more for their money and owners get more from revenue from their facilities via food & drinks etc and helps the atmosphere build up better getting people in the ground earlier... Gets the officials sharpened up... Only downside I could think of is W&T to the pitch...

We would be playing on an awful pitch by mid December, never going happen.

Football Season Eve. Can't wait for tomorrow, also quite glad it's a 5:30 kick-off. Basically we're main event for the first day of the season, plus you get to sit back and watch how everyone else is getting on before we get started.

train from london at half 8 :(

I'm going tonight at 7, psyched.

How old are you Ian? I always imagine you to be in your mid 30's but then you say things like 'phyched' so it throws me off.

Can't wait for this. The situation will be very different from the 5-0 defeat in February, but I hope Pardew has us fired up for revenge.

That day in February, we had Williamson in defence and Perch, Guthrie and Obertan in midfield. Obertan made way for Ferguson at half time. Adebayor was a big difference between the sides that day. He scored 1 and assisted all the other 4 goals.  Parker, Adebayor, Modric and King all started that game, none will play tomorrow.

This time around, the list of our injury worries basically includes all our best players, but I wonder how much of it was an attempt to get players like Tiote and Cabaye out of international friendlies. They're all in training, so hopefully we have most of our big guns fit for this.

Guest reefatoon

Going ot be buzzing when I wake up tomorrow. Big dinner then off to the Bar before we start it all over again.

What a second big dinner?  ya greedy cunt

How old are you Ian? I always imagine you to be in your mid 30's but then you say things like 'phyched' so it throws me off.

:lol:

I am 30, but despite life's slings and arrows I am still capable of getting excited about things.

And I thought this forum used a lot of smiley's and gifs :yao:

I never go on there, but having a smiley for every player is actually class. Would make formations more interesting, and mean that you didn't have to see 18 different spellings of Marveaux/Tiote/Coloccini etc etc

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

And I thought this forum used a lot of smiley's and gifs :yao:

I never go on there, but having a smiley for every player is actually class. Would make formations more interesting, and mean that you didn't have to see 18 different spellings of Marveaux/Tiote/Coloccini etc etc

O0

:lol:

I am 30, but despite life's slings and arrows I am still capable of getting excited about things.

Think he means the word more than the context. I associate that with people who are say under 22 or so too, a lot of these american words.

Mehdi Abeid, Jak Alnwick, Gael Bigirimana, Adam Campbell, Curtis Good, JJ Hooper, Bradden Inman, Marcus Maddison, Jonathan Mitchell, Yven Moyo, Conor Newton, Alex Nicholson, Michael Richardson, Lubo Satka, James Tavernier, Haris Vuckic

That's the reserve squad who are playing tomorrow so none of them will be involved in the senior squad.

This new league is all well and good but the games should never be on the same day as a first team game.

its good for the clubs though,  we are playing Spurs at U18, reserve and 1st team 2moro,  they can all come on one plane instead of making 3 long trips over the season.

Yes but s*** for those that like to watch the u18s and reserves, I've not looked at the fixtures but hopefully only be like this for the long distance trips.

yes but the reserve game is behind closed doors anyway at the training ground, you can still watch the U18 game.  if the reserve game was open to public then you could have watched all 3 games iirc, the u18 game will finish as the reserve game starts.