Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

On the Spurs forum, they have said AVB has confirmed there won't be a new striker in, in time for our game.

Also they are struggling in the CM with Modric doing what he wants and Parker out.

Sandro will be out too.

So Defoe upfront on his own, not sure who will play CM for them?

Krul

Simpson - Saylor - Colo - Santon

Marveaux - Tiote - Cabaye - Jonas

Ba - Cisse

Swap Marv & Jonas over if Simpson is starting lets at least have Jonas to back him up

On the Spurs forum, they have said AVB has confirmed there won't be a new striker in, in time for our game.

Also they are struggling in the CM with Modric doing what he wants and Parker out.

Sandro will be out too.

Not sure if Sandro will be out tbh. If he's out, Livermore and Huddlestone in midfield?

Sandro will be out too.

Not sure if Sandro will be out tbh. If he's out, Livermore and Huddlestone in midfield?

I was under the impression he wouldn't be because of the Olympics.

In any case if he isn't they played Jenas and Livermore against Valencia the other day with Sigurdsson, Bale and Lennon behind Defoe.

Guest BooBoo

I can actually see this being as much of a none event as last seasons opener v Arsenal. Both sides missing some big players and nowhere near finished their summer recruitment.

Cue a goal-fest.

N Cabaye would be a big blow but sure I read he is recovering from a slight illness, can't see Benny starting though. If Cabaye does moss out wonder if Pards would try Bigi alongside Tiote?

Bigi isn't ready for the Premier League man :lol:

Doubt we'll get off to a flying start, not sure they will either, can see it being a draw, and can see being relatively happy with that as we may not have clicked yet.

Can also see us playing shit and Cisse still scoring 2  :lol:

N Cabaye would be a big blow but sure I read he is recovering from a slight illness, can't see Benny starting though. If Cabaye does moss out wonder if Pards would try Bigi alongside Tiote?

Only one way to find out, he will have to be tried at some point & them without Parker & probably Modric we could destroy them in midfield.

Anybody hear that humming noise? Keep hearing it in the background now and then. Something about somebody "not ready"... "seem him play" ... can't quite make it out. Oh well.

;)