Alan Pardew

Dave

Tiote doesn't strike me as that type of character.

Maybe he's on about Cabaye? What with his extended break and that.

That's what I thought but if he thinks he is underperforming then perhaps he should have given him more than 10 minutes on the pitch in pre-season.

Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse & Ba, could throw HBA in there as well with his extended break.

Not exactly great or committed starts by any of them bar Demba's goal.

Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse & Ba, could throw HBA in there as well with his extended break.

Not exactly great or committed starts by any of them bar Demba's goal.

Ben Arfa has looked good, the others haven't but it's early.

If their heads have been turned now, what are the chances of keeping them next year without investment? Fuck all, but then we've known that all along and it'll be our own fault when they go.

Cabaye, Cisse, and Tiote have looked miles away from last season so I guess he's refering to them.

Ba has been decent and Ben Arfa has been our one shining light. So Pardew is right in some respects. We pay their wages and whilst they wear our colours they need to give 100% irrespective of who might be interested in them.

But by nature, modern players and their agents are mostly twats.

If their heads have been turned now, what are the chances of keeping them next year without investment? f*** all, but then we've known that all along and it'll be our own fault when they go.

That's my worry.

I think Ba's head got turned initially. I think Cabaye is the other one, especially with all the praise he got from the Euro's.

For the rest? Nah.

Cissé has only just arrived, Hatem feels at home for the first time ever and is grateful to the club, Coloccini is very comfortable and just signed a new contract, Cheick has reiterated his desire to stay all summer and the likes of Santon has done the same.

Ba was the center of speculation for a very, very long time and Cabaye was surrounded by rumours - and allegedly approaches as well - towards the end.

Hope they pick up now.

Cabaye, Cisse, and Tiote have looked miles away from last season so I guess he's refering to them.

Ba has been decent and Ben Arfa has been our one shining light. So Pardew is right in some respects. We pay their wages and whilst they wear our colours they need to give 100% irrespective of who might be interested in them.

We've only played two games. :lol:

He's not referring to anyone. He hasn't got a clue what's going on, just like the rest of us and the more he talks the more I want him to shut up.

It's been easy to forget that he's on their team and not ours. Some things never change.

So after a long break you don't think they should be at least fit and interested for the start of the season? because they haven't looked it to me. Cabaye has looked totally off the pace, and his passing has been sloppy and Cisse just looks like he's tredding water atm.

He's not referring to anyone. He hasn't got a clue what's going on, just like the rest of us and the more he talks the more I want him to shut up.

It's been easy to forget that he's on their team and not ours. Some things never change.

Not even for a second :huff:

Even his recent quote which had folk on here enamoured. He's a calculating, smart guy.

If their heads have been turned now, what are the chances of keeping them next year without investment? Fuck all, but then we've known that all along and it'll be our own fault when they go.

Bingo.

How much longer will they hang around while we twiddle our fingers and count the pennies while other clubs, with a fraction of our income, speculate and have a bit of a go? Not asking for Ashley to break the bank and go for broke but a bit of investment/ambition would be nice to see. We've had players in our sights but haven't closed the deal because of a few hundred grand.

You reap what you sow.

So after a long break you don't think they should be at least fit and interested for the start of the season? because they haven't looked it to me. Cabaye has looked totally off the pace, and his passing has been sloppy and Cisse just looks like he's tredding water atm.

I just think it's a bit ridiculous saying stuff like "Tiote's looked miles away" when he's played one game, which we won. We've had better starts than most of the teams around us.

Is there any reason why the window can't be just June and July? Makes perfect sense to me.

I would prefer it to open the day the season finishes and closes when the new one starts, either that or scrap it.

Is there any reason why the window can't be just June and July? Makes perfect sense to me.

I'd have it open for a bloody week. The clubs could do everything they need to, they prove that on deadline day. Sick of it and it definitely shouldn't drag on into the season.

I would prefer it to open the day the season finishes and closes when the new one starts, either that or scrap it.

Would like this too, seems a sensible solution.

Also yes some players have looked behind the pace but have we looked who we played? The Champions League winners and the team who finished above us last season.

Dunno about anyone else but i would have snapped your hand off for 3 points out of 6 from those games.

I highly doubt any of them apart from maybe Ba have had their heads turned and quite frankly Ba has been one of the better performers in the first few games.

Cabaye is just not fit, as for Cisse we have not really created many chances for him tbf and Tiote has been injured since the Spurs game.

Nothing to get concerned about.

Guest andrew

aye, to me tiote seems pretty quiet and humble.

cabaye and the dembas, I think.

I just think it's a bit ridiculous saying stuff like "Tiote's looked miles away" when he's played one game, which we won. We've had better starts than most of the teams around us.

Why is it ridiculous to point out that what should be our most influential players looked off the boil? It's the start of the season ffs, they should be raring to go, not looking like they are still on their holidays. We won against Spurs but looked 2nd best for most of it. And against Chelsea we were asleep the 1st half and got punished.

We will see against Villa if they pick the pace up.

“I think keeping our best players makes a strong statement, from [owner] Mike Ashley in particular,” he added. :rolleyes:

Why are you rolling your eyes? Arsenal and Spurs lost their best players. We haven't added to the squad but sometimes a settled squad is better than five in, three out, especially when the out is your best player.

The window was all right for us. We added a lot of youth and our squad is deeper. We don't have the perfect 11 but it's still strong enough to challenge every team in the league. We also have Ben Arfa for the whole season, something crucial which people haven't realised yet. We'll be more than fine. We're a damn good team and we're better off at the start of this season than last.

Why is it ridiculous to point out that what should be our most influential players looked off the boil? It's the start of the season ffs, they should be raring to go, not looking like they are still on their holidays. We won against Spurs but looked 2nd best for most of it. And against Chelsea we were asleep the 1st half and got punished.

We will see against Villa if they pick the pace up.

We have played 2 of last seasons top 6 and won one, don't think that is bad. Cabaye barely played preseason, cisse/ba/tiote just finished ramadan. We will be fine once cisse fires in his first goal which I think will be tomorrow.