Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest ThievingMagpie

Ba and Cisse are the worst strike partnership in the prem but individually each are mint. It's weird, its like they grew up just playing as a lone striker and never have had to work with another partner before.

I think its time Pardew stops being a man manager and sit them down and tell them that he hasn't been impressed with them as a whole, so he's only going to start one of them and they will have to fight for the centre role both of them crave.

pardew needs to find a way to make things work in home games like, and i'd like to see him do it sooner rather than later

i was watching with a lad yesterday who put the performance entirely down to the players and the long ball shit had to all be down to them too according to him...i just don't buy that - even assuming pardew sent them out with the remit to play carpet/possession football and they took it upon themselves to hoy it up the whole game it's his job to affect change to proceedings, he didn't do that yesterday

it reminded me so much of norwich, wolves, mackems (first half) and so on from last year where we looked clueless and got away with it due to a piece of individual brilliance

for me it boils down us having hba, cabaye, ba and cisse and we're simply not getting enough out of them in home games...he's got to find a way to make it work and personally i'd stop playing ba & cisse together immediately, it doesn't work and doesn't look it's it's going to work in a 4-4-2, they're both playing in the same areas, it's so fucking obvious

pardew needs to find a way to make things work in home games like, and i'd like to see him do it sooner rather than later

i was watching with a lad yesterday who put the performance entirely down to the players and the long ball shit had to all be down to them too according to him...i just don't buy that - even assuming pardew sent them out with the remit to play carpet/possession football and they took it upon themselves to hoy it up the whole game it's his job to affect change to proceedings, he didn't do that yesterday

it reminded me so much of norwich, wolves, mackems (first half) and so on from last year where we looked clueless and got away with it due to a piece of individual brilliance

for me it boils down us having hba, cabaye, ba and cisse and we're simply not getting enough out of them in home games...he's got to find a way to make it work and personally i'd stop playing ba & cisse together immediately, it doesn't work and doesn't look it's it's going to work in a 4-4-2, they're both playing in the same areas, it's so fucking obvious

Pardew is still playing the same way as he used to at West Ham but with foreign players who are more suited to a different style it obviously looks a bit confused at times. We've got a plethora of decent midfielders but with two big strikers and a huge gap between defence and attack those midfielders are going to get bypassed a lot of the time. At least we defend well, and we've got forwards who can pull goals out of nowhere, so we will pick up points to camouflage the lack of midfield fluidity. Disappointing that a year down the line we are no further forward with this.

Ba and Cisse are the worst strike partnership in the prem but individually each are mint. It's weird, its like they grew up just playing as a lone striker and never have had to work with another partner before.

I think its time Pardew stops being a man manager and sit them down and tell them that he hasn't been impressed with them as a whole, so he's only going to start one of them and they will have to fight for the centre role both of them crave.

Okay this deserves to be slated.

Guest firetotheworks

What I don't get is that, fair enough if 442 is Pardew's way, but last season he played the 4231 from West Brom onwards and more often than not it was either brilliant, or at the very least better than when we played 442.

Cabaye is the main player that 442 is affecting. He's trying the same passes that are his game, but he's so far away from goal that the accuracy required is along the lines of Beckham in his prime. Having him 10-15 yards further forward makes us so much better.

Guest neesy111

...I don't think 4 points out from Spurs, Chelsea and Aston Villa is THAT shit.

The win looks impressive until you see spurs in the other games they've played.

Aye, it doesn't look as great as what it is now.  Tbf, that's probably the best Spurs have played this season mind.

I would say the players should share more blame than Pards.  For example, Saylor should never miss that header that caused us a goal behind during last match, the 2 strikers were performing way below par, Cabaye gone MIA, Anita still settling in...not everything is due to tactical errors.  In fact we played a lot more open than last season already.

Certainly Pards has to make good use of the break and fix the team asap, but I didn't lose any faith in him after these 3 matches.  I can still see a lot of positives from certain players.

I wasn't happy with his latest statement that the fans should realize this was a good window and him firmly standing in the Mike and Decka's corner. I get it that there are two sides of the coin and that some (even on this board) do feel that it was a good window because we kept all our main players, but as manager there is no need for him to take sides and make us realize things which really sounds condescending. Whatever his intention was, lost some respect for him with that statement.

How the f*** is that "taking sides"?

Err perhaps because Mike and Decka obviously think that what we have is sufficient to carry us through to January. Unless you're suggesting that they are looking on gleefully whilst sabotaging us. And absolutely no need with the fucking

You miss my point. I think it's imbecilic to look at it as "sides". As "us" vs "them". Fucking imbecilic, in fact..