Alan Pardew

Dave

I'd wager with the same set of players that MON would have his mackem side level or higher than we are, although no doubt playing just as poor as they are playing now.

In many ways, I can see us looking back on Pardew's time here as similar to how the likes of Brummie look back on MON at Villa, top 6 finishes and European football but dross football in the main. Only we won't be left with an over the hill aging squad having wasted millions etc. Miainly because of all the money we will have made from the sale of all our top players who decided the neck ache just wasn't worth it...

Mind

that is a pretty harrowing foresight but probably not that far from the eventual reality.

Guest Dontooner

Just hope Pardew shuts up about us attempting to play exciting carpet football, sorry in no way has he being cultivating that sort of behaviour.

I can accept the fact that we are a good defensive team but please stop lying to fans about the quality of our game. Its his Saleman like pitches that are rattling my cage. Its not like Newcastle is the only team we watch, tons of teams play better offensively with lesser quality players and managers.

In many ways, I can see us looking back on Pardew's time here as similar to how the likes of Brummie look back on MON at Villa, top 6 finishes and European football but dross football in the main. Only we won't be left with an over the hill aging squad having wasted millions etc.

I'd take that  :lol:

The main reason Villa fans look at MON in that way is because he left them in a financial s*** hole where as Pardew obviously wont.

Your seriously going to tell me that you wouldn't take consistent top 6 every season and Europe football every year irrelevant of whether the football is dross or not.

Yes it's frustrating but it's a results business at the end of the day and quite frankly if we finish top 6 and qualify for EL again i won't give 2 shits how crap the football is.

Four points up on last season over the last two games.

Pards starting to show his "Manager of the Year" class again.

:jesuswept:

Hard facts AND a hint of sarcasm.

OK, hard facts.  We've got 14 points and are sitting in 10th place after 10 games, last season after 10 games we had 22 points and were 3rd in the league.

Frustrating the fuck out me at the moment. We've been utterly garbage so far this season and there's absolutely no sign that he's willing to change things. No signs of improvement whatsoever in the attacking third.

Guest Howaythetoon

We are not even that good defensively because on average we concede a goal every game. We are a well organised, well drilled hard working side with individual brilliance running through it that just so happens to appear more often than not to see is sneak a win or a draw which is how we have performed all season and even for large parts of last season. Footballing wise, we are awful, very very poor and easily one of the worst in the division.

OK, hard facts.  We've got 14 points and are sitting in 10th place after 10 games, last season after 10 games we had 22 points and were 3rd in the league.

We hadn't played the best 2 teams in the league at that point, either.

The fixtures were also a lot easier last season, lets see where we are in the next 5 games because quite frankly it's the easiest run of games we have had all season.

No matter how you look at today: we played the 4-3-3 we've all been craving and got our first points at Anfield in fucking ages. It went well, all the negative posters can suck my dick.

Quiet you, talking your sense. You'll get a reputation.

That was an extraordinary start and sure we haven't got near it this season. However I'm sure even you would concede that this has been a much more difficult opening ten games for several reasons.

We hadn't played the best 2 teams in the league at that point, either.

We haven't over the last 2 games either.

No matter how you look at today: we played the 4-3-3 we've all been craving and got our first points at Anfield in fucking ages. It went well, all the negative posters can suck my dick.

:thup:

Yeah, I'm usually sitting on the other side of this fence. Pretty pleased with the day. Suspensions/injuries annoying, but we'll be fine.

Guest Howaythetoon

No matter how you look at today: we played the 4-3-3 we've all been craving and got our first points at Anfield in f***ing ages. It went well, all the negative posters can suck my dick.

Too simplistic a view and very small minded.

We said the same s*** about Souness when we were beating Southampton away FFS.

Credit to Pardew for playing 4-3-3 and picking arguably the right players but all that good work was undone by his negative tactics and  game plan. Instead of celebrating a point (big f***ing deal), we could have been celebrating a win, a good win, a win that could have done wonders for our season. Instead the players will continue to feel frustrated and hamstrung by the tactics and gameplan and no doubt the formation next time which will probably go back to 4-4-2.

A point was great in the context of how the game panned out, we had lost the entire spine of the team by the end.

At half-time it was looking like a very astute away performance and I honestly thought we had enough about us to pinch another or at least keep them at bay.

General irritating things aside (red card/bullshit officials, maybe could've pushed for the win, Cisse was shit) - i tend to agree. It's a decent point and we played well.

Guest Dontooner

We are not even that good defensively because on average we concede a goal every game. We are a well organised, well drilled hard working side with individual brilliance running through it that just so happens to appear more often than not to see is sneak a win or a draw which is how we have performed all season and even for large parts of last season. Footballing wise, we are awful, very very poor and easily one of the worst in the division.

We do concede but we are not loosing the games, we hardly score many but we still do.

The truth is we are a side difficult to beat, if every game had went to penalties we might be one of the teams that often had to settle the game that way. HTT in exchange for being well organize and hard to beat, we sacrifice our offensive game, 4 days in defensive tactics and 1 for attacking. Its exactly how we have been playing, no more complains from me as i came to the point where i accept Us being a Defensive 1st team.

It wasn't really a massive achievement getting a point at Anfield. More or less every team that's played there has picked up points this season. We defended well but it helped that other than Suarez none of their players really looked like scoring. I'm happy enough with a point t Liverpool, but I don't think we'll find it as straightforward to win our "easier" fixtures coming up if that's what we are banking on.

Guest Howaythetoon

No matter how you look at today: we played the 4-3-3 we've all been craving and got our first points at Anfield in f***ing ages. It went well, all the negative posters can suck my dick.

It wasn't really a massive achievement getting a point at Anfield. More or less every team that's played there has picked up points this season. We defended well but it helped that other than Suarez none of their players really looked like scoring. I'm happy enough with a point t Liverpool, but I don't think we'll find it as straightforward to win our "easier" fixtures coming up if that's what we are banking on.

Are we not the 8th side to come away from Anfield without losing this season? Hardly an achievement. Winning on the other hand...

Too simplistic a view and very small minded.

We said the same shit about Souness when we were beating Southampton away FFS.

Credit to Pardew for playing 4-3-3 and picking arguably the right players but all that good work was undone by his negative tactics and  game plan. Instead of celebrating a point (big fucking deal), we could have been celebrating a win, a good win, a win that could have done wonders for our season. Instead the players will continue to feel frustrated and hamstring by the tactics and gameplan and no doubt the formation net time which will probably go back to 4-4-2.

:lol: what a load of shit, at least you didn't write ten pages of it as usual though.

You might well have said that about a win away at Southampton, but I'm talking about us playing away at Liverpool; a fixture where we've routinely capitulated and played like a bunch of wankers. Today we performed excellently, particularly in defence, and came away with a very well earned point. Winning the game would have been fantastic but I personally have no issue with Pardew's selections or subs today whatsoever.

I'm proud of the lads and I'm pleased Pardew chose the team that he did, particularly selecting Anita at RB and dropping Simpson. If you're going to be negative about what happened today then fuck me, you might as well get yourself a length of rope now and end it all, you utter bore.

The criticisms being levelled at Pardew on here regarding moments of magic from quality players getting them by, could equally apply to Di Matteo, Mancini, Wenger & Villas Boas this season from the likes of Hazard, Cazorla & Defoe (goalscoring anyway). Two of those are clubs I think we'll be close to come May again. Only really Moyes and Everton from the teams around us are performing as they should be.