Alan Pardew

Dave

Its relegation form (and performances) all season. This season is a right off thanks to this useless prick. If we stay up at the end of the season (or he even makes it that far) then he can fuck right off.

He's reduced everyone to accepting negativity and, if we're lucky, mediocrity. We're already relying on other teams to keep our head above water. I can't wait for the day this hypocrite leaves NUFC. Hughton was by no means perfect for us but Christ, he was a million miles better than what we have now.

I don't really have any gripes about today, I never expected to get anything from it realistically. We knocked it about well and if we'd defended better we could well have got something from this game. It was a game we'd normally have got totally outplayed, but because we didn't hoof it long we matched City for long periods of the game. If there's any complaint about Pardew it's that it took him this long to realise there's a better way to play the game. That's far more worrying than the results.

Regardless of people's views on him in the Internet world, it's clear from the match today that the fans still have faith in him.

Lots of chants of "Alan Pardew's black and white army", even at 3-1 down.

A lot of people around me were blaming our current form on Ashley aswell.

There is definitely an interesting difference between an active user of Facebook, Twitter, forums etc than your average 30+ match goer.

Not saying either person is right in particular...

Definitely the away fans were completely behind him at the stoke away game.

Can't blame him for today and I still support him but we must win against QPR - anything less and we will be in the bottom 3 and sinking fast. We just have our heads above water at the moment but I can see the tide turning if we lose next week.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its getting away from him like. We needed to claw back a draw today but it didn't happen. A draw from 2-0 down would have been a huge positive. I hope for everyone's sake we can keep playing the way we have played in the last 3 games and that its enough to get us out of the mire and up that table. I fear the damage has already been done though and that for Pardew at least, there is no turning back. We are on a shocking run of results, playing the Champions, yet we play our best footy of the season. Why couldn't we have played that way from the off? Too little too late? QPR is massive.

Guest neesy111

I don't really have any gripes about today, I never expected to get anything from it realistically. We knocked it about well and if we'd defended better we could well have got something from this game. It was a game we'd normally have got totally outplayed, but because we didn't hoof it long we matched City for long periods of the game. If there's any complaint about Pardew it's that it took him this long to realise there's a better way to play the game. That's far more worrying than the results.

He prepares the team defensively and it looked a shambles from anything coming in from the wings.

Aye, it's pretty obvious that this season isn't going to be a 'good' one. Too much damage has already been done to get a good finishing position this year.

All Pardew can do now is to ensure that it's not an absolute disaster of a season. Whether or not it's enough to keep his job remains to be seen.

Since we're allowed to post fixtures these days, these are ours until the end of February:

December 2012

Newcastle v QPR Sat 22 Dec 15:00

Man Utd v Newcastle Wed 26 Dec 15:00

Arsenal v Newcastle Sat 29 Dec 17:30

January 2013

Newcastle v Everton Wed 2 Jan 20:00

Norwich v Newcastle Sat 12 Jan 15:00

Newcastle v Reading Sat 19 Jan 15:00

Aston Villa v Newcastle Tue 29 Jan 19:45

February 2013

Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 2 Feb 15:00

Tottenham v Newcastle Sat 9 Feb 12:45

Newcastle v Southampton Sat 23 Feb 15:00

I think if I'm being optimistic then perhaps 12 points is achievable given the way things have been going.  If that happens and we have 26 points after 27 games then we'll probably still be in trouble.

I think we've seen an upturn in performances and style of play but it needs to turn into good results sharpish.  I'll start getting really worried if Pardew gets frustrated and reverts back to the 442 hoofball stuff because then I'll think we're really in trouble.  Persevere with this long enough and we should be OK, particularly when we get the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa back in the side.

Aye, it's pretty obvious that this season isn't going to be a 'good' one. Too much damage has already been done to get a good finishing position this year.

All Pardew can do now is to ensure that it's not an absolute disaster of a season. Whether or not it's enough to keep his job remains to be seen.

I hope he keeps the job simply because we won't get anyone better in.

You've highlighted a gripe, we work for 4 days on defence and yet again are let down by the only area of the team that he works with.

Its getting away from him like. We needed to claw back a draw today but it didn't happen. A draw from 2-0 down would have been a huge positive. I hope for everyone's sake we can keep playing the way we have played in the last 3 games and that its enough to get us out of the mire and up that table. I fear the damage has already been done though and that for Pardew at least, there is no turning back. We are on a shocking run of results, playing the Champions, yet we play our best footy of the season. Why couldn't we have played that way from the off? Too little too late? QPR is massive.

Pretty much how I feel word for word.

The way the midfield was organised was appalling in the first half, 2 players either following Toure or following the ball, Anita closing down the full back from their goal kick when it was Jonas' job. It was no wonder they sliced through us so easily in that half, we were all over the shop in the middle.

We shored it up in the second half, the players seemed to have more defined positions and consequently protected the back 4 better, as well as retaining possession more easily too. Credit for the second, we actually made some chances and played well, it's great to see us mix it up a bit now too, hopefully our approach won't change when others come back from injury.

You've highlighted a gripe, we work for 4 days on defence and yet again are let down by the only area of the team that he works with.

That's why I said today

It's a shame it's took this long but better late than never. We have some very good players here make no mistake. If I was in charge I'd be asking our chief scout for his input on how the team should be set out.

Only concern from today is that we cut out these soft set piece goals and keep the level of effort in for QPR. Age old cliché that it's easier to raise your game against the better teams when the pressure is off etc.

Guest neesy111

That's why I said today

It's a shame it's took this long but better late than never. We have some very good players here make no mistake. If I was in charge I'd be asking our chief scout for his input on how the team should be set out.

The manager should be setting that not the scout or the scout should be our manager!

Guest thenorthumbrian

The style of football under Keven Keegan and Bobby Robson was exciting , these were men who understood the spirit of United. The football under Pardew is just ugly to watch.