Alan Pardew

Dave

TBH Krul is the worst culprit for long balls. It's definitely Pardew's tactics though. Enough of our players have admitted that.

I would like to see him roll it to the fullbacks more, that's just basic football imo. That's not particularly what I was getting at though. When the ball is played back to him more often than not he has to kick it long because he's under pressure and all our defenders are too. This comes about because we make very little effort to work our way up the pitch as a team by passing and moving. All too often the other team can press us without us being able to pass it around them and make them pay for it, and we just knock it back to Krul.

It's this sort of stuff the 'it's Simpson and Wiiliamsons fault' crowd don't see. If we had an intention to pass our way up the pitch, we'd practice it, if we practiced it we'd be able to do it on a match day and when teams stepped onto us we could make them pay. We don't do any of this and other teams know it now. We need options just ahead of the ball, not one option 50 yards ahead.

Well Krul should have 2 fullbacks he can roll/pass to now.  No excuses really now for him.

He should have, but Pardew needs to tell them it's their responsibility to make themselves available every single time Krul's got it. He won't.

Well Krul should have 2 fullbacks he can roll/pass to now.  No excuses really now for him.

He should have, but Pardew needs to tell them it's their responsibility to make themselves available every single time Krul's got it. He won't.

Pardew is hoping that Debuchy & co will sort all the passing and moving themselves so he doesn't have to coach it. Because he can't.

How many times did Pards do his little 'rainbow' signal during the last few games ie go long...I saw him do it at least three times during the Arsenal game.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/2196305_o.gif

Guest neesy111

No wonder why we haven't came back from behind under Pardew when he just goes to the long ball shite.  That is 1 justifiable reason to sack the twat alone.

Guest bimpy474

TBH Krul is the worst culprit for long balls. It's definitely Pardew's tactics though. Enough of our players have admitted that.

Percentage football or as i like to call it, cowards long ball fucktard lazy football. It's gutless stuff and an easy way out for a clueless manager, such as ours funnily enough.

Honestly just wonder whether it's our bad training since Krul has always had terrible distribution. Frustrates me like nothing else when we're chasing a game and he catches a cross then holds onto the ball for 30 seconds so every one can get in position for the hoof.

Yep, that delay in distribution allowing the oppo to get themsleves set..........argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I go mental every single time :(

How many times did Pards do his little 'rainbow' signal during the last few games ie go long...I saw him do it at least three times during the Arsenal game.

I too wish we played more football on the ground with better movement BUT against Arsenal in the second half Arsenal pressed the ball a lot higher up the pitch so to try and find the space between their defence and midfield is no bad tactic. Additionally I have kittens when Willo /Simpson try and play out of defence so AP was probably just looking after my health.

Serious bit: players need to be more tactically aware - we miss Cabaye.

"Danny, no more, no more, get it up there".

When i saw that in the arsenal game i assumed it meant "please no more goals conceded" but he later went on to say in the post match that he was saying no more goals for us please.

Percentage football or as i like to call it, cowards long ball fucktard lazy football. It's gutless stuff and an easy way out for a clueless manager, such as ours funnily enough.

Honestly just wonder whether it's our bad training since Krul has always had terrible distribution. Frustrates me like nothing else when we're chasing a game and he catches a cross then holds onto the ball for 30 seconds so every one can get in position for the hoof.

Yep, that delay in distribution allowing the oppo to get themsleves set..........argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I go mental every single time :(

That Everton game man :(

Guest bimpy474

That Everton game man :(

I think i read that Krul hit it long 31 times in that match :(

When i saw that in the arsenal game i assumed it meant "please no more goals conceded" but he later went on to say in the post match that he was saying no more goals for us please.

Pardew pointed towards the opponents goal and said 'get it up there'. He was talking about the ball, I assume no more no more was about short passing.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew pointed towards the opponents goal and said 'get it up there'. He was talking about the ball, I assume no more no more was about short passing.

Hate to say this through my Pardew hatred but i do remember thinking he was talking about Simpson and no more risks at the time.

And as we've all seen with our own eyes, (but Pards apparently hasn't), launching it long invariably gifts possession to the opponents and puts us back under pressure. I can't stand the guy any more, fucking charlatan.

In the case of those who still have an ounce of faith in Pardew (myself included), I think it's because (well in my case anyway) we believe that there is a decent manager in there somewhere (last season is proof of that) and he has demonstrated that he's willing to make changes to the system (though admittedly, the necessary changes have come a bit too late) - he's stuck with the same system for a few games now so I would really like to see what happens when our better players are within that system.

It's most certainly not ignorance, it's misplaced optimism for me. I'm not blind to all the problems that's going on btw - tactics have been all over the place and and Pardew is rightly being questioned/criticised but like I said yesterday, I'm still willing to give him a chance and I really want to. I will concede that there does come a point when enough's enough - the next couple of games will dictate my feelings.

It's become increasingly apparent that last season was down to the brilliance of the individual talents that we DO have; Cisse, Ben Arfa, Krul, Colo, Cabaye an on form Tiote. Plus the work of less gifted grafters such as Jonas and Perch of help. It was hard to ignore the criticisms made of that season as many had similar worries about tactics; but the negatives were less ugly to face because of this individual brilliance. Without these players Pardew has shown very little to me that he has the pedigree that many touted he had last season. Yes; he can quite legitimately blame the owners and lack of investment, he can also blame injuries to an extent. But to make the errors he has done of the past few weeks and absolve himself on any responsibility at any opportunity, whilst making the same stubborn and mind-numbing mistakes in inexcuseable. I want things to change badly and drastically and I just can't see it under both this clown and the uber-clowns above him.

We should lock the thread as he's resigned - on Twitter and probably Facebook as well. How this links to real life only time will tell.

absolute a ton of people saying it on twitter and fb, not one souse quoted from any. dunno how they believe it

Guest neesy111

We should lock the thread as he's resigned - on Twitter and probably Facebook as well. How this links to real life only time will tell.

absolute a ton of people saying it on twitter and fb, not one sauce quoted from any. dunno how they believe it

It was the same last night.  Not a chance.