Alan Pardew

Dave

putting shola on with 25 minutes left is madness. he cant run on the counter and he useless as a targetman. Its difficult on his own i know but pardew should know.

cisse on the wing again....he is absolutely useless out there.

WE DIDN`T HAVE A SHOT ON GOAL SECOND.

jonas playing full 90 minutes.

pardew is not capable of taking us forward imo. I know the lads might have been afraid because of our away record....but seriously pardew almost cost us the win....again!!!!

Credit to Lambert. He really fired his team up, made astute changes, got them believing they could get something from the game and they nearly did. Considering the age of their team too.

If they do go down but keep the core of the players, i think they'll bounce back up and much better side. Can see why he's highly rated.

There's giving credit where it's due, and there's taking it too far. He might end up a good manager, but he left out the two players who would clearly hurt us most and he set up his midfield to be dominated from the off.

First half they were limp, you're right. But the way he changed it, wow. End up a good manager? He IS a good manager. Despite that, i think they could go down. To give everything the way they did and still lose. They'll be shagged next game.

I understand why he's rated, but to me he's actually actively pursuing relegation. He's playing young players when they aren't really ready, and he's putting them in complicated formations they can't really handle.

Fair enough if they are prepared for relegation, but it might be very expensive for them.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "There has been a lot of work and effort to get that win. From the players to the chairman to get the new players in. First half we were magnificent, second half the French lads ran out of legs but we hung on.

"We know what we have been missing. Moussa Sissoko was magnificent and he will be a powerful player in the Premier League. The new guys were great but the established players here have played their part and helped them settle in.

"Villa have no problem. They will be safe, they have quality."

Our established players did what? :lol:

Reads to me like if we had drawn or lost he had a ready made excuse made up.  French lads ran out of steam?  f*** off.  It was your garbage mindset and s**** subs yet again.

I'm sure Beren has made that up.

Nope. Off the Beeb.

We won in spite of his input into this game. Our second half performance seems to have been attributed to lack of confidence because of our form, but that is such shite. We performed like that because of Alan Pardew's tactical nous.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "There has been a lot of work and effort to get that win. From the players to the chairman to get the new players in. First half we were magnificent, second half the French lads ran out of legs but we hung on.

"We know what we have been missing. Moussa Sissoko was magnificent and he will be a powerful player in the Premier League. The new guys were great but the established players here have played their part and helped them settle in.

"Villa have no problem. They will be safe, they have quality."

Astonishing.

I hope he's just being kind there.  Then again nothing he's said there is crazier then his team selections/substitutions so maybe not.

Would have left Goof and Sissoko on and taken Guti off for Anita. Not sure what Pards was upto there. I'm not going to lay into him tonight however as this was a manful victory and a very good first half which saw a well connected side.

The Villa comment is just manager speak as he senses Villa are in trouble and he's just bouying up a fellow manager, no need to read armageddon into it.  :laugh:

putting shola on with 25 minutes left is madness. he cant run on the counter and he useless as a targetman. Its difficult on his own i know but pardew should know.

cisse on the wing again....he is absolutely useless out there.

WE DIDN`T HAVE A SHOT ON GOAL SECOND.

jonas playing full 90 minutes.

pardew is not capable of taking us forward imo. I know the lads might have been afraid because of our away record....but seriously pardew almost cost us the win....again!!!!

Maybe that is a message to Ashley? Buy me another forward me thinks.

What else was on the bench?

Evidence (if ever it were needed and frankly, if you think it was, you need to give your head a shake) that our disgusting performances this season are nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the coward in the dugout.

Just cannot get my head around this argument.

What about the first-half then? Would have been interesting viewing without Gouffran and Sissoko on the field.

For the record, I agree that Pardew is pants.

Games don't last for one half though, that's Pardew's problem. His problem isn't necessarily getting the team playing, it's getting them playing for 90 minutes, it's getting them playing when we're behind and getting them playing when we're in front. :lol:

When something actually happens on the pitch, them scoring, us scoring, a substitution, them making a pass, he absolutely shits himself. We are a million miles from being the worst team in the league but we're by far the least effective in terms of actually getting results relative to the squad. We'd actually be better with a load of cloggers because that's what he knows - that's why he picks Perch and Shola so consistently.

This is two games in a row against, imo, the two worst teams in the league that we've lost one and deserved to lose the other having been winning without breaking sweat at half time. He's by far the worst manager in the league this season at actually getting points given what he has to work with.

Guest firetotheworks

"We played the football Newcastle fans want to see in that first half. They haven't seen that much this year."

At all, or in that half really. Villa were atrocious and any Premier League team with any quality should have been in that position.

Guest Dontooner

Evidence (if ever it were needed and frankly, if you think it was, you need to give your head a shake) that our disgusting performances this season are nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the coward in the dugout.

What about the first-half then? Would have been interesting viewing without Gouffran and Sissoko on the field.

Games don't last for one half though, that's Pardew's problem. His problem isn't necessarily getting the team playing, it's getting them playing for 90 minutes, it's getting them playing when we're behind and getting them playing when we're in front. :lol:

When something actually happens on the pitch, them scoring, us scoring, a substitution, them making a pass, he absolutely shits himself. We are a million miles from being the worst team in the league but we're by far the least effective in terms of actually getting results relative to the squad. We'd actually be better with a load of cloggers because that's what he knows - that's why he picks Perch and Shola so consistently.

This is two games in a row against, imo, the two worst teams in the league that we've lost one and deserved to lose the other having been winning without breaking sweat at half time. He's by far the worst manager in the league this season at actually getting points given what he has to work with.

Nailed it.

Credit to Lambert. He really fired his team up, made astute changes, got them believing they could get something from the game and they nearly did. Considering the age of their team too.

If they do go down but keep the core of the players, i think they'll bounce back up and much better side. Can see why he's highly rated.

There's giving credit where it's due, and there's taking it too far. He might end up a good manager, but he left out the two players who would clearly hurt us most and he set up his midfield to be dominated from the off.

First half they were limp, you're right. But the way he changed it, wow. End up a good manager? He IS a good manager. Despite that, i think they could go down. To give everything the way they did and still lose. They'll be shagged next game.

I understand why he's rated, but to me he's actually actively pursuing relegation. He's playing young players when they aren't really ready, and he's putting them in complicated formations they can't really handle.

Fair enough if they are prepared for relegation, but it might be very expensive for them.

I completely get what you're saying. I think in some ways it might be good for them to spend a season in the Championship. I think they'll dominate (if they keep the players he likes), gel as a team and come up a better prepared side. They've some good footballers there, but, as you said, too many of them are young, inexperienced and clearly feeling the pressure. Bit too emotional.

I try and support Pardew as much as I can, but Cissé on the wing? I mean, honestly? Almost a sackable offence in itself.

He was out wide first half too...when we dominated the game, took a 2 goal lead and Cisse himself was one of the scorers.

I completely get what you're saying. I think in some ways it might be good for them to spend a season in the Championship. I think they'll dominate (if they keep the players he likes), gel as a team and come up a better prepared side. They've some good footballers there, but, as you said, too many of them are young, inexperienced and clearly feeling the pressure. Bit too emotional.

Yep, longer term they might end up stronger for it.

It´s not just about the substitutions with him, it´s the whole mindset! He could have done the "right" subs and we would still have been a mess instead of just telling the players to be calm and try to have the same shape as in the first.

About his comments; it´s not even funny anymore, it´s not even funny.