Alan Pardew

Dave

I think even those who are accused of having agendas etc want Pardew to succeed, they just have fuck all faith in him doing so and it takes more than a few wins to convince them.

Guest palnese

I think even those who are accused of having agendas etc want Pardew to succeed, they just have fuck all faith in him doing so and it takes more than a few wins to convince them.

I hate Pardew, but I'd love it if he could transform us into a top 7 team on a yearly basis. I know we as a club are capable of that, but I've no faith in Pardew to do so.

I think last year was a fluke, and I don't see us finishing anywhere near that under him.

Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

today changes nothing in my opinion of his position.  It's clear for everyone that after 2 years under his stewardship he is not the long term answer.

Done well today but this is how I feel.

Guest bimpy474

It's the lack of long term vision, we have a feel of game by game, it's like Sunday Park thinking.

I mean on the pitch, where's the long term progress, a pattern of play, passing football we can see developing. The club whether we like it or not seem to have one off the pitch, we have a scout who sees what we need. Young hungry footballers, but the managers seems to have no vision on the pitch at all. That's the worry i have, and have had for ages now.

A fair few of them want don't want him to succeed, even if it's to our detriment within reason.

From the perspective of those who want him to stay for at least another season, since we signed the players we so badly needed in January we've won 5 out of 9 in the league, including 4 out of 4 at home and progressed past two good sides in the EL. A lot of people were saying the signings would present a definitive test for him. You could argue that so far he's passing it.

A bit of me still thinks he may be the long term answer if some of the issues can be addressed in other ways. If he thinks after this season, ok I need to change all my training techniques to emphasise more fluid passing footy, if he rediscovers his defensive mojo and if we reinforce in the right areas, all these things shouldn't need a whole managerial change (I can't think of a surefire success who'd come who I'd want atm) and I do rate his man management, his passion and how he has the current players on side.

Do I think he'll change up how he drills the squad? Do I expect us to suddenly change up styles? Of course not, extremely unlikely, but in principle I want a manager to be long term stable, but in order to do that any manager has to be able to demonstrate adaptability and Pardew needs to change his ways, or a better manager found.

A fair few of them want don't want him to succeed, even if it's to our detriment within reason.

From the perspective of those who want him to stay for at least another season, since we signed the players we so badly needed in January we've won 5 out of 9 in the league, including 4 out of 4 at home and progressed past two good sides in the EL. A lot of people were saying the signings would present a definitive test for him. You could argue that so far he's passing it.

:thup:

Name them so that we can all take the piss out of them.

Who's said that?

Who's said that?

Nobody's come out and said it, dude. Just the way some posters go on makes it virtually impossible to believe otherwise.

I'd rather Pardew left (and soon), because I hate watching his football on the whole and I don't think he's the person to take us forward.

But want the team to lose?  Want them to play shit?  The reason I'm pissed off with it at the minute is because we've lost and played shit far too many times this season, I'd obviously be delighted if form or performances had been better.  That's where I stand on it (not guilty) so you might have to be more specific then, Ronaldo.

Ronnie talking bollocks as usual, but interesting that all the usual suspects came out in very defensive mode.  :D

I don't see anybody being defensive at all, I can't wait to see these "fair few of them want don't want him to succeed, even if it's to our detriment within reason" are.

Ronnie talking bollocks as usual, but interesting that all the usual suspects came out in very defensive mode.  :D

Haha. Well for the record I hope he does very well.

I hope I get a random blowjob off Megan Fox and my girlfriend never finds out, it's a similar idea really.