Alan Pardew

Dave

I really like Martin Jol, I think he would love to manage us as well.

Did you watch the game? Fulham are s**** and rely on Berbatov or Ruiz to pull something out of their arse.

:lol:

Fulham are a solid side, there squad has no where near the talent that ours does. Only Berbatov would make our starting 11. They play good football and Jol has them playing a compact counter attacking style.

i was laughing because that's a condensed version of the alan pardew tactics masterplan just with different players

Been thinking about yesterday's game again and although it was do or die at the end and could have resulted in nothing, that kind of thing is what gives me hope about Pardew. Not just the way the players gave their all until the last, but the whole move leading to the goal. It was a period of massive pressure and good football. We didn't scrape in a goalmouth scramble, it was the last in a number of well worked chances and a very good goal that exploited their retreating defence (including Berbatov :laugh:).

I just want him to grasp that we have some very good players here who can legitimately outplay other teams if that is the focus. We don't do it enough.

Been thinking about yesterday's game again and although it was do or die at the end and could have resulted in nothing, that kind of thing is what gives me hope about Pardew. Not just the way the players gave their all until the last, but the whole move leading to the goal. It was a period of massive pressure and good football. We didn't scrape in a goalmouth scramble, it was the last in a number of well worked chances and a very good goal that exploited their retreating defence (including Berbatov :laugh:).

I just want him to grasp that we have some very good players here who can legitimately outplay other teams if that is the focus. We don't do it enough.

I hope we go for the jugular right from the off next Sunday.

I hope we go for the jugular right from the off next Sunday.

Will be a packed and busy midfield next Sunday imo. Would think quick balls down the line like we did against Soton would work well. Pace of Gouf on one side and maybe Sissoko getting on the end of those would be very useful. Would start to force them to sit back a bit, give players like Marveaux and Cabs more time to pick a pass.

I don't know how you can claim the goal was not the result of a scramble - Cabaye's shot deflected off a defender(it was never going to trouble Schwartzer) and luckily, fell to Cisse who did what he is best at in the penalty area - controlled it brilliantly and scored.

No way was it like some of the goals Marveaux has conjured up through brilliant passing, we were fortunate although the players earned it by their efforts right into added time.

None of this makes me feel any differently about Pardew - we play percentage football when we have players capable of much more and our results over the season reflect our play.

Everyone has their view about managers - it just so happens that the likes of Mick, HTT and I differ from yours and some others...that's football.

I hope he does this too. I just don't find it likely that he'll change his view on how the game should be played to give you the best chance of results with the players we've got.

Hopefully the 8 year deal will make him feel more secure, a fit and capable defence on the pitch and he'll feel more able to make possession, movement and creating chances our thing. I'd be delighted if we brought in an offensive coach in the summer. When I watch us I'm almost always thinking of his 'when he's got the ball, that's his world' comments about HBA. Although its fair to say HBA is a one off it looks to me like he has that attitude with the rest of the team as well, we're so static when in possession.

I keep reading this "we have players capable of much more"... With regards to our team... Makes me think of the national media talking about the England team... Yet after several top managers we ain't any better and we all know its because our players are hyped... Not sure we would be if we changed manager... Will that magically give our players greater pace and passing ability and aerial strength and suffer from less injuries... Give him all of next season IMO... We've still to see HBA alongside our January recruits...

I keep reading this "we have players capable of much more"... With regards to our team... Makes me think of the national media talking about the England team... Yet after several top managers we ain't any better and we all know its because our players are hyped... Not sure we would be if we changed manager... Will that magically give our players greater pace and passing ability and aerial strength and suffer from less injuries... Give him all of next season IMO... We've still to see HBA alongside our January recruits...

How about simply 'we've got the type of players to play a passing/moving game and we don't do it'. Is that fair?

Ironically we have won as many games at home as the teams challenging for the Champions League spots have. Our away record however :scared:

Yeah man. Obv easy to look back and bemoan but Count Sunderland away, Liverpool away, Man Utd away, Reading home and Wigan away and we're right around Liverpool too.

Our inability to get a tie out of losses at times killed us.

Guest Howaythetoon

He has been here over 2 years now and we still have no identity or real game plan. We are not an attacking side. We are not a counter attacking side. We are not a defensive side or even a direct side. We are a nothing side that wins games by very fine margins such as a wonder goal, a last minute winner, the individual brilliance of a player etc. etc. We do not beat sides by imposing ourselves onto the game and opposition. And that's because we have no real style of play.

We are one of the most lackadaisical side's I've ever seen. We clearly have good players but most of the time it is as if they are complete strangers to one another. There is no rhythm to our play, no real partnerships or link up play and the movement is very poor too. It is easy to see why we have struggled all season to beat teams, especially away from home.

Then you have the manager's ridiculous approach to games which are almost always counter productive and not in line with the quality of players we have in the side nor the expectations and aspirations of the fans. Throw in the excuses, the weird team selections and the baffling substitutions and you have the perfect recipe for a well, s*** manager. And that's what he is, a s*** manager who has overseen a disasterous season not only points wise but performance wise too. Together, a lethal combination that will send a side down. We can be thankful there are even worse sides than us in the division.

He has constantly failed to get the best out of this side in terms of putting in a performance, even last season where the results were very good, we were putting in abject performances. Our wins were often the result of very fine margins.

In over 2 years, there is no style whatsoever. No substance. No real game plan. Our set-play is absolutely atrocious too.

Pardew is a man manager, a motivator, a leader and a charmer. He's also a chancer. He is no coach though, no philosopher and no tactician. These players need coaching, they need a football philosophy and they need a tactician. They need someone who knows how to set a side up to attack the opposition, to retain possession, to beat sides, to get the best out of their abilities individually and collective.

I ask you this - are we really as bad as Villa, Reading, the mackems? Are we that bad? Because that's where we are at under Pardew, at their level.

He doesn't deserve another 10 games or another season or whatever because he hasn't shown in the 2 plus years he has been in charge any idea how to create a football identity that suits our players whatsoever.

We will survive, by fine margins. In the immortal words of Crumpy, however, is that acceptable?

For me we should be challenging for a top 6 position at least.

That's somewhat a bit short of Pardew's own 4th position aim, but one needs to be a bit realistic...

Get rid once this awful season ends.

I find it quite amazing that only 29% ('yes' and 'never lost any') have faith in Pardew, despite him leading us to our highest league position in 8 years and the quarter finals of the uefa cup.

Guest Howaythetoon

I find it quite amazing that only 29% ('yes' and 'never lost any') have faith in Pardew, despite him leading us to our highest league position in 8 years and the quarter finals of the uefa cup.

football2.jpg

How about simply 'we've got the type of players to play a passing/moving game and we don't do it'. Is that fair?

Not at a very high pace we haven't... Last time we had players for that style was under SBR... We've very little creativity in the team without a fit HBA...

Perhaps the vote should be a simple in or out at the end of the season? That would be much more informative than the current options.

Note: Assuming dirty mackems and other spoilers didn't get involved.

Just out of interest, for those claiming he's not been able to stamp his own 'identity' on the club: what %of player turnover has he had in these last 2years?

Guest Howaythetoon

Just out of interest, for those claiming he's not been able to stamp his own 'identity' on the club: what %of player turnover has he had in these last 2years?

Oh look, another potential excuse!

Every team suffers injuries. Every team suffers fixture overload. Every team turns over a number of players.

Not many, lack an identy/game plan.

WE DO and its as big as the f***ing list of excuses people reel out in their never ending quest to excuse 'Pards/Pardiola/Silver Fox/c*** of any blame because do you know what, we finished 5th last season man. Who else could we get? Just look at Everton with Moyes man, gotta give him time. Ha ha look at the mackems...

Blah blah blah blah blah....

Stare long and hard at this -

football2.jpg

That is a football. Have another look, go on.

And then think about just what we do or rather don't do with this footballl. Seriously think about it. Think about all those corners and what our manager has us doing with that football at set play. Think about how almost every other side seem far more capable of passing the ball about better than we do, even the likes of f***ing Brighton!

Think about how many times that football has been slingshoted from the back to the front towards our towering err... Cisse or Ba.

Think about how much enjoyment you get from watching us play.

My point... its not just about results with people or where we are in the table or where we are not or whether we are in a quarter final or not its about the f***ing football and since Pardew has been our manager it has been mainly turgid s***. That's why I want him gone. He could finish 3rd and win the Europa and the thought of more years of watching clueless football and seeing the likes of Ben Arfa at f***ing right-back trying to take on an entire team from that part of the pitch just does not do it for me.

2 whole years and more and NO STYLE. NO GAMEPLAN. Does that not compute with you or those defending him and thoe looking for even the faintest of excuses?

I'd love to know how anyone who watches us can consider that we will one day develop a good footballing style under Pardew. He has had 2 years and a host of top quality players at his disposal plus almost universal good will from the owner down to the fans and media. Its not coming people, wake up.

He has been here over 2 years now and we still have no identity or real game plan. We are not an attacking side. We are not a counter attacking side. We are not a defensive side or even a direct side. We are a nothing side that wins games by very fine margins such as a wonder goal, a last minute winner, the individual brilliance of a player etc. etc. We do not beat sides by imposing ourselves onto the game and opposition. And that's because we have no real style of play.

We are one of the most lackadaisical side's I've ever seen. We clearly have good players but most of the time it is as if they are complete strangers to one another. There is no rhythm to our play, no real partnerships or link up play and the movement is very poor too. It is easy to see why we have struggled all season to beat teams, especially away from home.

Then you have the manager's ridiculous approach to games which are almost always counter productive and not in line with the quality of players we have in the side nor the expectations and aspirations of the fans. Throw in the excuses, the weird team selections and the baffling substitutions and you have the perfect recipe for a well, s*** manager. And that's what he is, a s*** manager who has overseen a disasterous season not only points wise but performance wise too. Together, a lethal combination that will send a side down. We can be thankful there are even worse sides than us in the division.

He has constantly failed to get the best out of this side in terms of putting in a performance, even last season where the results were very good, we were putting in abject performances. Our wins were often the result of very fine margins.

In over 2 years, there is no style whatsoever. No substance. No real game plan. Our set-play is absolutely atrocious too.

Pardew is a man manager, a motivator, a leader and a charmer. He's also a chancer. He is no coach though, no philosopher and no tactician. These players need coaching, they need a football philosophy and they need a tactician. They need someone who knows how to set a side up to attack the opposition, to retain possession, to beat sides, to get the best out of their abilities individually and collective.

I ask you this - are we really as bad as Villa, Reading, the mackems? Are we that bad? Because that's where we are at under Pardew, at their level.

He doesn't deserve another 10 games or another season or whatever because he hasn't shown in the 2 plus years he has been in charge any idea how to create a football identity that suits our players whatsoever.

We will survive, by fine margins. In the immortal words of Crumpy, however, is that acceptable?

That's somewhat a bit short of Pardew's own 4th position aim, but one needs to be a bit realistic...

I just think that's grossly unfair on him and is pretty largely based on what we saw Sept-Jan this year.

Don't have time to get into a full on debate but look at the 2 years as whole. We've finished 5th and then made the QFs of the Europa League. With a squad that at various times has featured in the first team: Simpson, Williamson, Guthrie (who is in a team that is now bottom of the league), Best (now playing in the Championship), Obertan, Shola Amoebi and others (Ferguson, Sa. Amoebi, Vukcic) who aren't yet ready for the Premier League.

Guest Howaythetoon

I just think that's grossly unfair on him and is pretty largely based on what we saw Sept-Jan this year.

Don't have time to get into a full on debate but look at the 2 years as whole. We've finished 5th and then made the QFs of the Europa League. With a squad that at various times has featured in the first team: Simpson, Williamson, Guthrie (who is in a team that is now bottom of the league), Best (now playing in the Championship), Obertan, Shola Amoebi and others (Ferguson, Sa. Amoebi, Vukcic) who aren't yet ready for the Premier League.

You make it sound like those players mentioned are the rule and not the exception. Again with league place finish and quarter-final nonsense too.

And I'm f***ing sick of hearing how you cannot play good football if you have to rely on a Shola or a Simpson or a Williamson. Wigan have f***ing Caldwell at the back. Just look at their team man.

KK had Nicky Butt, Alan Smith and Geremi in  our midfield and we played some good stuff at times despite those players.

I'll tell you what is harsh, where we are in the league and how we play. Very harsh given the players we have.

Every single side in the league with the possible exception of the mackems play better football than us or have a recognised style of play and game plan.

Even West Ham and Stoke.

We have nothing. Nothing but 11 players sent out not to loose, to try and win the game by very fine margins, margins Pardew feels is enough. It worked for him last season but a few of us could spot the chinks and even when we were riding high, sort of predicted this season.

You cannot win games on a consistent basis with performing well. You can not perform well if you have no style of play or game plan. Even a team of top players will eventually struggle because players need guidance, they need direction. They need to have a working platform to play to. They need the confidence and freedom to express themselves.

Pardew is like a dark cloud on a summer's day.

I want some f***ing sun shine back.

Its not coming people, wake up.

Didn't you also write long-winded, condescending posts about how Ashley was ruining the club and didn't have the foggiest?